General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ultramax August 27th Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-08-28 7:19 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Overland Park, Kansas
Subject: Ultramax August 27th

I hear Ultramax will be doing Triathons in the KC area next year with August 27th being a planned date with the possibility of another Triathlon in the works!

Sounds like some new and exciting TRI venue's are heading are way!

2008-08-28 7:40 AM
in reply to: #1634060

User image

Extreme Veteran
Overland Park, Kansas
Subject: RE: Ultramax August 27th
montyzooma - 2008-08-28 7:19 AM

I hear Ultramax will be doing Triathons in the KC area next year with August 27th being a planned date with the possibility of another Triathlon in the works!

Sounds like some new and exciting TRI venue's are heading are way!

Read: http://www.ultramaxtri.com/newsletters/ultramax/Umax_08_08.html

2008-08-28 8:17 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Olathe, Kansas
That is some awesome news. I have heard nothing but the best about these folks and their races. This is what are city needs.
2008-08-28 9:21 AM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member
FINALLY!
Some non-KLM races. This is awesome!!!
2008-08-28 9:40 AM
in reply to: #1634414

User image

Extreme Veteran
Overland Park, Kansas

lisac957 - 2008-08-28 9:21 AM FINALLY! Some non-KLM races. This is awesome!!!

Hang on to those KLM water bottles handed out in swag bags, they could soon be a collectors item!!!

2008-08-28 10:54 AM

Currently, we have a pretty good idea of how things will shake out but are wanting feedback from KC athletes. We will be hosting a town-hall style meeting for any interested parties to attend. Mark Livesay and I are very excited to be partnering up on this.

Here is our press-release we sent out yesterday.

A New Alliance Expands Multi-sport in the Kansas City Area
The Kansas City Multi-Sport Revolution Has Begun

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - Ultramax Events and Sherpa Sports announced today that they will join forces and deliver one, possibly two new exciting triathlon events to the Kansas City area. This new alliance sets a grand stage for the expansion of multi-sport in the Kansas City Area.

In 2008, Ultramax was hired by Sherpa Sports to provide timing services for the new Ironman Kansas 70.3 Triathlon event. This event was a huge success and served as a wonderful introduction for the two event groups. They are planning to build upon this new friendship and multi-sport momentum. The two groups are 100% focused and committed to delivering a total event experience.

Ultramax has a history of delivering some of nations best events. Over the past ten years Ultramax has directed five USA Triathlon National Championships, including two USAT National Age Group Championships. Ultramax has produced several marquee events including the popular Race for Sight Triathlon, Octomax and Quartermax Triathlons, and the USA Triathlon Trisports.com Halfmax National Championship.

“Kansas City has one of the largest and most dynamic triathlete populations in the state. Ultramax is so excited to get back to Kansas City. We are looking forward to delivering another event in full Ultramax style. We sincerely hope the triathlete community is as excited about this partnership announcement as we are,” said Ultramax owner, Mark Livesay.

To kick things off we will be hosting a town hall style meeting. Athlete feedback is very important to us and we want to hear what you want from this Kansas City event. We want to bring the triathlon clubs, venues, sponsors and the general public together in one place to get feedback and response. We feel this is vital to the planning of any successful event and a perfect way to introduce our new alliance to the Kansas City area.

"Sherpa Sports is thrilled to merge with Ultramax in bringing multisport excellence back to Kansas City. The Kansas City area has a history of passionate triathletes and supporters, and we are eager to fuel that energy," said Sherpa Sports President, Ryan Robinson.

Together we are planning to build an event that the local area athletes, venues and sponsors will be proud to be part of. The date, format and location of this inaugural meeting will be forthcoming.

If you are interested in participating, please drop us a note and we will add you to the invitation list.

Mark Livesay
Owner Ultramax Events
2009 KC Ultramax Co-Race Director
[email protected]

Ryan Robinson
Owner Sherpa Sports
Co-Race Director Ironman 70.3 Kansas
[email protected]

2008-08-28 10:57 AM

Leawood, Kansas
I e-mailed them to be added to their contact list for further info.
2008-08-28 3:19 PM
in reply to: #1634785

User image

Extreme Veteran
Olathe, Kansas
rrobinson - 2008-08-28 10:54 AM

Currently, we have a pretty good idea of how things will shake out but are wanting feedback from KC athletes. We will be hosting a town-hall style meeting for any interested parties to attend. Mark Livesay and I are very excited to be partnering up on this.

Here is our press-release we sent out yesterday.

A New Alliance Expands Multi-sport in the Kansas City Area
The Kansas City Multi-Sport Revolution Has Begun

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - Ultramax Events and Sherpa Sports announced today that they will join forces and deliver one, possibly two new exciting triathlon events to the Kansas City area. This new alliance sets a grand stage for the expansion of multi-sport in the Kansas City Area.

In 2008, Ultramax was hired by Sherpa Sports to provide timing services for the new Ironman Kansas 70.3 Triathlon event. This event was a huge success and served as a wonderful introduction for the two event groups. They are planning to build upon this new friendship and multi-sport momentum. The two groups are 100% focused and committed to delivering a total event experience.

Ultramax has a history of delivering some of nations best events. Over the past ten years Ultramax has directed five USA Triathlon National Championships, including two USAT National Age Group Championships. Ultramax has produced several marquee events including the popular Race for Sight Triathlon, Octomax and Quartermax Triathlons, and the USA Triathlon Trisports.com Halfmax National Championship.

“Kansas City has one of the largest and most dynamic triathlete populations in the state. Ultramax is so excited to get back to Kansas City. We are looking forward to delivering another event in full Ultramax style. We sincerely hope the triathlete community is as excited about this partnership announcement as we are,” said Ultramax owner, Mark Livesay.

To kick things off we will be hosting a town hall style meeting. Athlete feedback is very important to us and we want to hear what you want from this Kansas City event. We want to bring the triathlon clubs, venues, sponsors and the general public together in one place to get feedback and response. We feel this is vital to the planning of any successful event and a perfect way to introduce our new alliance to the Kansas City area.

"Sherpa Sports is thrilled to merge with Ultramax in bringing multisport excellence back to Kansas City. The Kansas City area has a history of passionate triathletes and supporters, and we are eager to fuel that energy," said Sherpa Sports President, Ryan Robinson.

Together we are planning to build an event that the local area athletes, venues and sponsors will be proud to be part of. The date, format and location of this inaugural meeting will be forthcoming.

If you are interested in participating, please drop us a note and we will add you to the invitation list.

Mark Livesay
Owner Ultramax Events
[email protected]

Ryan Robinson
Owner Sherpa Sports
Co-Race Director Ironman 70.3 Kansas
[email protected]

Boy,
were we overdue for this. I just tried to call ultramax office to express my welcome. Guys this is great news. The word will spread. Thank you for willing to come in and put a race(or races) here in Kansas City. I will race anything you put together. That is my commitment and will spread the word out to other triathletes I know here.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ultramax August 27th Rss Feed