General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Taping feet for arch support Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-08-30 9:19 PM

User image

Veteran
Orange County
Subject: Taping feet for arch support
Does anyone tape their feet for arch support before the beginning of a triathlon?

It is pretty clear that I won't be wearing my new custom orthotics next week for my triathlon. Taping my feet for arch support does help in my running, but will the tape stay on during the swim?

2008-08-30 10:13 PM
in reply to: #1639882

User image

Expert
Chenequa WI
Subject: RE: Taping feet for arch support
I don't tape so afraid I can't help you there.  But, if you train in your orthotics, can't they also be used while racing?  The reason I suggest that is my wife has always needed orthotics and wears a custom pair for biking and a different pair in her running shoes when racing and they work well.  But - I'm not familiar with all of the orthotics out there, so maybe this won't work for you. 
2008-08-30 10:59 PM

User image

Veteran
Orange County
No I can't use mine at this point...not even to run in. I just got them last week and I have an issue where they are cutting into my arch. I need to get them adjusted and then break them in.
2008-08-30 11:24 PM

User image

Expert
Chenequa WI
I can see why you don't want to race in them.  Again - I haven't tried it but you might consider Kinesio Tape, which is the stufff you saw on Kerri Walsh and other during the Olympics.  Its supposed to be good for several days of exercise and can be worn in the shower so maybe its worth looking into.  Make sure you try it out before you race.  Good luck.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Taping feet for arch support Rss Feed