General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » trying Tri's in Pgh, PA Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-02-13 6:34 PM

User image

Veteran
Global
Subject: trying Tri's in Pgh, PA
Hi,

Sorry I didn't post when I first joined but I wanted to make it thru my first few weeks of training before saying hi & maybe bye. But, I made it.

I have been out of commission for over a year due to a rugby injury. It was really hard stopping all execise and it was even harder starting back up again with a year of atrophy under my belt and a few xtra pounds. But, I am looking to tackle this sport head on. Prior to this I did adventure races....not successfully but I tried. So I figured I had a little foundation under me. Ultimately my younger sister, who has been doing tri's for over 3 years now and is amazing, suggested doing a tri when the MD ok'd me to do so. It was said in more of a joking matter and I agreed....now look where I am ...lol.

I have my first sprint Tri May 15th and I am just looking to finish. Call it what you want but I wanted to make a change this year and complete something challenging but rewarding. I want 28 to be a good year. I also plan to compete (aka finish) 2 other tri's and 2 adventure races. I know it sounds ambitious but I'm up for the challenge and a little insane...which I here is prefferable for triathletes.

If anyone is in Pgh and would like someone to train with...please feel free to email me. I could use soemone to talk with during those LCDs. Thank you all for who have already offered advice. I really appreciate it!

2005-02-13 9:31 PM
in reply to: #116592

User image

Master
Mechanicsburg, PA
Subject: RE: trying Tri's in Pgh, PA
Welcome to the board. I'm about 4 hours east of you in the Hbg area www.capcitychallenge.com is the adventure race that I'm going to do this year. I've been told it's a lot of fun and a good way to get into adventure races.

-Frank
2005-02-13 10:04 PM
in reply to: #116592

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado
Welcome!  Good for you for making it through the past few weeks!  Good luck in your tri!
2005-02-13 11:23 PM
in reply to: #116705

User image

Veteran
Global
scuba-punk - 2005-02-13 9:31 PM

Welcome to the board. I'm about 4 hours east of you in the Hbg area www.capcitychallenge.com is the adventure race that I'm going to do this year. I've been told it's a lot of fun and a good way to get into adventure races.

-Frank

Hey Frank,

The HBG AR is definetly a great starter race if you never have done one before. I have heard that its well managed and a fun course.

If you end up getting into AR, check out www.americanadventuresports.com (formerly PA Adventure racing). I am the web designer as well as part of the staff. We put on quite a few great races a year...check out the site and look at the two sprints. If you would ever have any questions or needed a teammate down the road let me know.

Thanks again for the welcome. Good luck with the AR

Ryan
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » trying Tri's in Pgh, PA Rss Feed