2008-09-12 10:44 AM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.

2008-09-12 11:43 AM
in reply to: #1670275

New user

Boyertown PA
Subject: RE: Knee surgery
Had my ACL and MCL replaced sept 7th 2007. Rehab was hard 4 times a week two hours each. I ran my first tri since in june philly tri, and had no problems. I have done 3 more since and started playing soccer again although a little slower thats how I tore them. If you work real hard in rehab you'll have know problems. If you have any questions just contact me and i'll answer if I can. Good luck.
2008-09-12 12:34 PM
in reply to: #1670275

Veteran
The Ocean State
Subject: RE: Knee surgery

I had the same surgery in April of '07 (ACL replacement along with meniscus repair). The first 3 months were PT 3x a week then 2x for the next month before being cut loose to rehab on my own. If you stick to the plan and concentrate on full flexion first you'll be okay. Quad strength will come later and for me plyometrics helped a lot. Lunges, step-ups, box jumps, etc...There will be ups and downs and it took about a full year before the knee felt "normal". I started light running at about 4 months and was playing soccer again after 8 months. Did my first tri in Aug this year about a year after I was cut loose from formal PT and released to sports. PM me if you have questions along the way.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Knee surgery Rss Feed