General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Trek Incite 8I Questions Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-09-18 6:10 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: Trek Incite 8I Questions

Good morning,

Yesterday I purchased a Trek Incite 8I computer and attached it to my 11 year old daughters full suspension mountain bike (yep, as sad as it is, I ride my kids bike for Triathlons).

Anyway, the instructions and manual that came with the computer were not that helpful so I have a few questions:

#1) Should the computer turn off (go blank) after a period of non-use (like over-night)?

#2) The auto start / stop feature does not seem to work with elapsed time.  How can I pause my elapsed time when held up at a stop light or intersection?

#3) The terms reset/restart are not clear to me.  When I get on my bike for each ride I want to reset all the counters back to zero while leaving the tire size setting alone.  What is the best or easiest way to do that?

Any other tips or tricks regarding the use of this computer would be great as well.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

2008-09-18 7:32 AM
in reply to: #1681548

User image

Master
Woodbridge , Virginia
Subject: RE: Trek Incite 8I Questions
1. The computer shuts off automatically after few minutes of no action..

2. when you stop it should start/stop automatically. if not, scroll to the stopwatch, stop/start it manually from there.

3. the best way is to reset from the stopwatch.. when you reset the stop watch it resets the stuff crucial for the ride.. trip, avg speed, hr if applicable, cadence.. it doesn't mess with the tire size and total miles (odometer)..

memorize those functions and you are golden.. the stopwatch is the key.

i hope this helps a little

momo
TRI HARD
2008-09-18 8:14 AM
in reply to: #1681548

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Trek Incite 8I Questions

Thanks, that is exactly what I needed.

Mark

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Trek Incite 8I Questions Rss Feed