General Discussion Triathlon Talk » barracuda swim goggle - Anyone use them Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-02-18 9:19 AM

User image

Veteran
New Haven, Connecticut
Subject: barracuda swim goggle - Anyone use them
Hello fellow triathletes: Currently, I'm using a $10 pair of speedo goggles. I hate them. They leave huge rings around my eyes and often times I feel as if my eyes are going to pop from the pressure. I have noticed that Barracuda claims their goggles alleviates both of these symptoms. http://www.ej-sunglasses.com/barracuda/index.html

So, has anyone used Barracuda goggles and if so, which ones, and are they the real deal? Thanks for everyone's help. Cheers!

2005-02-18 10:28 PM
in reply to: #119200

User image

Extreme Veteran
SW part of US
Subject: Been using them for about 20 yrs...
... and, no kidding... I have my original pair... However, I no longer use them only because the plastic lenes have yellowed and my prediction is the snap on the side will be very prittle and most likely break... so, I just hang on to them for old times sake.

ALL the parts are replaceable... so, a pair will last me at least 4-5 yrs.

They are comfortable... .however, if you leave them in your car and allow them to get to an extremely high temperatre, the seal will deform and you need to heat them up again to get the foam to reshape.

Once the foam forms to your head they are good... until then, they may be leaky... use a little vaseline around the gasket edge and they seal perfectly. And, yes they do what they avertize... help alleviate pressure.

FWIW Joe Moya

Edited by Joe M 2005-02-18 10:29 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » barracuda swim goggle - Anyone use them Rss Feed