General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Brand new to everything Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-10-02 1:53 PM

User image

Master
On a lake in the Adirondacks in NY
Subject: Brand new to everything
Hi all!  I am brand new to triathlon.  6 months ago I wouldn't even have thought of it, but then they put the darn Olympics on TV and now, here I am.  Last year I turned 40 and decided to make some life changes.  I changed jobs, did yoga teacher training, and lost 15 pounds.  I just turned 41 and feel like I need to keep going.  Yoga is great, but it isn't enough.  I used to run 5Ks, I've been doing 30 mile charity rides once a year, and I know how to swim.  So maybe this will work for me.  I'm starting with the aggressive couch-to-5K plan, since I haven't run for a few years, with the hope to do a sprint-distance race next spring.  I live in NJ, and I'm married and have 2 kids.  Looking forward to getting to know some of you.

2008-10-03 8:40 AM
in reply to: #1712501

User image

Master
Western MA near the VT & NH border on the CT river
Subject: RE: Brand new to everything

Welcome to BT and triathlons.  They're pretty addicting.  Your starting early enough that you should be able to run a sprint in the spring.  Check out the 20 week sprint plans, If you start in January, that will get you ready for a late May, early June tri.  What I like about them is they train on time, not distance.

Also remember to post your workouts in the logs.  It's a great way to track your progress and keep you honest about how much training you've done. 

Good luck, this is a great site for helping you with your first tri and beyond 

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Brand new to everything Rss Feed