General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Softride Rocket vs. Raleigh Competition in an Ironman Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-10-07 11:30 PM

User image

Regular
Grand Rapids
Subject: Softride Rocket vs. Raleigh Competition in an Ironman
I'm doing my first Ironman next summer and am trying to decide which bike out of the two I have would be best to ride in the race. Ideally, I would like to buy a Cervelo P2C and ride that but not sure if that will happen or not. My Raleigh Competition has Ultegra components and is basically stock besides clip on aerobars. My Softride Rocket also has Ultegra components but has 650c wheels and right now I have spinergy rev x wheels on it. I feel very comfortable on both bikes and a little faster on the Softride. I do however feel like something is more likely to go wrong on the softride, either the beam or the rev x wheels. Has anyone ridden a Softride in an Ironman? Should I be concerned with something going wrong with the bike? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2008-10-08 9:39 AM
in reply to: #1726062

Regular
Dalton, GA
Subject: RE: Softride Rocket vs. Raleigh Competition in an Ironman
Is listing both of your bikes on craigslist (or ebay) and get the P2C with the money a option?

2008-10-09 3:56 PM

User image

Regular
Grand Rapids
Yeah, that is an option that I have considered. I did however want to keep a regular road bike around to use for casual rides. I didn't know if a tri-bike would be uncomfortable for taking a long easy ride.
2008-10-13 9:29 AM

User image

Alpharetta, GA
I raced my first IM (2006 IMAZ) on a softride with rev X wheels.  No issues at all.  Mater of fact I just moved my rev X's over to my QR Typhoon for IMFL in a couple weeks.  The wheels are fast!  I know about all of the concerns about safety, but I have ridden them many many miles without any issues.  Mine are 700 though not 650's.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Softride Rocket vs. Raleigh Competition in an Ironman Rss Feed