General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Considering H2O Velocity wetsuit Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-02-23 1:17 PM

User image

Central California
Subject: Considering H2O Velocity wetsuit
I am considering purchasing an H2O Velocity wetsuit, primarily because the Feb. price is so attractive. Does anyone have experience with this brand and these wetsuits? Any recommendations?

2005-02-24 11:14 PM
in reply to: #121509

Hershey (Chocolate Town U.S.A.)
Subject: RE: Considering H2O Velocity wetsuit
I tried to call them 3 times today. They have not gotten back to me at this time. I wanted to ask them about the statement from their website which is as follows, "Newskin Race Material revolutionizes triathlon wetsuits by sealing the fabric so it maintains buoyancy, increases warmth and improves freedom of movement. Newskin 3mm fabric provides warmth and lift of a 5mm while allowing the freedom of movement of a 1mm." I have some concerns about this and would have liked some answers. Maybe tomorrow. If you hear anything positive or negitive please let me know.
2005-02-24 11:32 PM
in reply to: #122171

“Impossible is nothing” Muhammad Ali

Edited by Heavyfist 2005-02-24 11:34 PM
2005-02-27 9:05 PM

User image

Central California
I went ahead and ordered one. I spoke to someone on the the phone at H2o Velocity because I had a size question. They were responsive and I got a good feeling at least from that one short call. I report back when my suit arrives.
2005-03-07 6:58 AM

I got through and had the same response as you did. They seemed very helpful and had a lot of information on the suit. I ordered a long john. I will let you know how I like mine when it gets here. They told me that they hoped to be shipping them out in early April.
2005-03-11 4:17 PM

User image

Regular
Colorado
I ordered one online a few weeks ago and was expecting them to be shipped in late March. I was a little concerned that they already took the funds from my credit card. Hopefully they will deliver on time, or at least deliver.

2005-04-16 11:17 PM

User image

Regular
Colorado
Anyone receive their wetsuit yet? Anyone else getting nervous about getting it?
2005-04-17 10:29 AM
in reply to: #143595

User image

Central California
Glad you asked. I ordered my wetsuit from H2O back in Feb. I e-mailed the company because I had a "warm-up" event yesterday and asked them to please try to get it to me before then. They said that they would try. I finally spoke to someone on the phone last Friday. They claim that the suits are stuck in customs in LA and that as soon as they are released the suits will be shipped. They have something like 3000 of them to get out according to the person I spoke to.

I have another tri on May the first. I made it clear that I expected to have it well before then. They have told me that they expect some suits in tomorrow and will get one out to me right away.

If I were you, I'd call them and remind them what your specific needs are.

Even though I had to borrow a suit for yesterday's event and it was a pain not to have it, I'm still giving them a little more time to perform. They are responsive over the phone and acknowledge that the delay has caused people some problems. I would expect them to compesate us for the delay in some manner or other.

I'll reply again if there is anything new to report.
2005-04-23 9:58 AM

Well I am getting worried now. I have not heard a word from them and when I tried to go on their web site it does not come up anymore. When was the last time anyone got through to them? Also do you still have their phone number? I am ready to contact my credit card company and see what I can do to remove the charge. I am almost wishing I would have bought the promotion wetsuit or a De Soto. Hope we didn’t make a mistake.
2005-04-23 10:48 AM

User image

Regular
Colorado
I just got on to there website with no problem. I sent an email asking what was going on earlier this week and got a response the next day:

"Again sorry for the delay.
You order will go to the front of shipping.
The new suits arrived in CA on the 2nd. Usually customs hold things for 2-3 days but in this case due to heightened security they have held our suits for about 3 weeks now. There really is nothing we can do until we get the call from them on a release date which is supposed to be this week.

Thanks again for your patience.
Andreas
H2O Velocity
www.h2ovelocity.com"

I plan to give them a few more weeks. I don't know what the time limit is on credit cards to cancel for non performance, but think it is better than 90 days.

There phone number is: 1-877-Swim-H2O

At this point I still think they are legit.
2005-04-23 5:09 PM

Thanks for the info sjhamblin. It makes me feel a little better.

2005-05-02 4:02 PM

User image

Central California
I wanted to report that I did finally get my H2o Velcoity wetsuit! It took several e-mails and phone calls, but I found the people there concerned about the delays and working to remedy the situation. In my case since I needed the suit for this past weekend, they were able to overnite UPS it to me.

I am happy to indicate that the suit seems to be high quality. It is a tad big (I got the mens medium-- I'm 5'6" about 163lbs.), but worked quite well in the Wildflower OLY (my first of that distance). Wasn't necessarily the most optimal situation since I had to use the suit for the first time in an acutal event, but I'm glad I went with H2o Velocity. The price was right and the product is very nice.
2005-05-05 4:57 PM

New user

I've also been waiting patiently... company is legit and has a SOLID rep for great USA made swim products. Not sure why customs is involved with a USA made product? Was relieved to find at least one review/thread on the internet.
2005-05-11 6:38 AM

Well I got the wetsuit. And it is all that they said it would be. Just wanted you all to know that it does have great flotation and seems to move well in the water. Have a great season and thanks for the updates.
2005-05-15 9:10 AM

New user

Got mine and tested it in the pool (ocean is only 53deg!!!). It fits great, but is a little tricky pulling off around the ankles. It very easy to put on. I do notice a little excess material around my waist (I'm 6-2, 207lbs), but that did not affect my swim. Time for my 400 dropped from 07:20 to 06:30 and dropped my stroke rate from 18 to 16!!!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Considering H2O Velocity wetsuit Rss Feed