General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Madison, WI peeps - hill climb TT? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-02-23 4:43 PM

New user

Subject: Madison, WI peeps - hill climb TT?
The road/mtb team I'm riding for this summer has been batting around the idea of putting on a small-scale hill climb time trial on one of the climbs near Blue Mound park. Unless we went all the way up to the main park from the back side, it would probably be around 3/4-1 mile - short, but extremely painful. Three questions -

(1) Is this something you would do?
(2) How much would you pay for something like this (no t-shirts, no timing chips, a little food and music at the finish, etc.)?
(3) Would you also/rather do a running race on the same course? If there was a large contingent of triathletes involved, I'm sure it would be no big deal to have a footrace after the bike race. Maybe we could even have some sort of best-of-both competition.

This is obviously in the very early planning stages, and I'm not sure it will even happen this year, but I wanted to put some feelers out there.

2005-02-23 6:25 PM
in reply to: #121653

Elite
Livingston, MT
Subject: RE: Madison, WI peeps - hill climb TT?
1. No.
2. $10 seems fair.
3. No.

Realize that you're talking about a 5-10 minute race depending on the grade. I wouldn't put it on as a race but maybe a two hour hill-climbing clinic? I would be more inclined to pay $100 if a group of notable racers were there and gave pointers on my climbing technique.

2005-02-23 6:30 PM
in reply to: #121703

New user

That's exactly what we're looking for - a short, intense effort so that everyone knows the winner will only win by seconds. That, for me at least, is a good incentive to dig as deep as I can and not back off for a single pedal stroke. We're not trying to make a large-scale production out of the event - just an hour of fun on a weekend morning.
2005-02-23 6:43 PM
in reply to: #121653

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sounds fun, one of the teams I used to ride for did just such an event. 1 mile TT, first .7 flat then the last .3 17% grade. Knee buster for sure but a lot of fun.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Madison, WI peeps - hill climb TT? Rss Feed