General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » A veteran in So.Cal saying "Hey" Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-02-24 8:14 PM

Subject: A veteran in So.Cal saying "Hey"
Well, somewhere along the lines I completely missed the evolution of this site, and as someone who has been involved with helping out "newbies" for a number of years (and ran the Mission Bay Tri Club in Chicago for awhile), I thought I would finally register and see if there may be some additional new people on here that don't frequent some of the other triathlon related forums.

In short, I've raced for 10 years, and have done all distances from sprint to Ironman. I'm a solid middle of the pack athlete who hasn't really worked out much in the past 2 years (tough coming back from injury and remodeling a house ;-), am very "in touch" with the bike industry, and hope to rebuild my nest of tripals here in Southern California.

Anyway, feel free to drop me an email, otherwise I'll probably just lurk around on the site and occasionally answer some HRM (heart rate monitor), bike, or industry type questions.

~ Craig Preston
Orange County, CA

Edited by Craigster 2005-02-24 8:15 PM

2005-02-24 10:24 PM
in reply to: #122115

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado
Subject: RE: A veteran in So.Cal saying "Hey"
Welcome Craig!   Are you racing this year?
2005-02-25 1:39 AM
in reply to: #122152

I'm hoping to at some point. I have a few things to do first:

1) get into competitive shape again (after doing 50+ races over the years, unless I can put a decent effort in, I'm not all that interested in just "doing it" any more ;-) LOL)
2) get my new bike and race gear
3) save some $$$'s to race out here in the land of ridiculous race entry fees in So.Cal

My best years I raced 7-10 races per summer. I've been lucky to average one a year since 2000 (although 2 of them have been Ironmans).
2005-03-01 5:02 PM

New user

I am new to triathlons. I have done a marathon and just needed more. However, I do not want to make the same mistake I did with the marathon and that was not being better prepared. Anyway, I am glad to hear that you are starting back up. I have some questions and if it is okay with you, I would like to pick your brain. My goal is to do an Ironman in five years, but I want to start with some triathlons like the LA in Sept.
2005-03-01 5:02 PM

New user

I am new to triathlons. I have done a marathon and just needed more. However, I do not want to make the same mistake I did with the marathon and that was not being better prepared. Anyway, I am glad to hear that you are starting back up. I have some questions and if it is okay with you, I would like to pick your brain. My goal is to do an Ironman in five years, but I want to start with some triathlons like the LA in Sept.
2005-03-01 6:27 PM
in reply to: #124124

Feel free to email me either here on the site, or my regular email at [email protected]. I am always up for helping people moving into the sport, as I remember the whole 2 weeks I had to prepare (and I had never swam a length of a pool in my life, and had not run in years) back in '94 and didn't have all these resources. I just went and "did it" (well, I did it knowing I wanted to beat my 2 other friends who had no background in any of these sports as well ;-)

Take care,

~ Craig

2005-03-01 6:40 PM

User image

Expert
Liberty Lake, WA
Subject: I HAVE MORE POST THAN CRAIGSTER!!!!
WOW! I never thought the day would come that I could say that I have more post than Craigster. I recognize your name from some other boards and have found your advise to be useful in the past. Welcome to BT.
2005-03-01 8:51 PM
in reply to: #124191

Subject: RE: I HAVE MORE POST THAN CRAIGSTER!!!!
Come on now, I don't post THAT much anymore on most of the other forums ;-)

• ..although a few thousands posts a year was NOTHING a couple of years ago (I think we could surpass that in a month when all the tri forums proliferated a couple years ago).

• Anyway, do I know you? Liberty Lake sounds familiar...

Hopefully I can help some others out. I find people are getting ALOT of troubling advice these days (especially in regards to "needing a coach for optimal performance" type areas ;-)

I suppose I should get out of the "Introduce myself" area and go take a look in the main area.

KEEP TRI'IN!
    2005-03-02 12:16 PM
    in reply to: #124240

User image

Expert
    Liberty Lake, WA
    Subject: RE: I HAVE MORE POST THAN CRAIGSTER!!!!
    No we have never met. I have been lurking around tri forums since 2000 so I have an idea of who you are. I have read your advice in the past and would count you among a handful of people that know what they are talking about. FYI, Liberty Lake is just outside of Spokane, WA. Take care. T
    New Thread
    General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » A veteran in So.Cal saying "Hey" Rss Feed