General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Help me with group training music, please Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
Help me with group training music, please
OptionResults
WIPEOUT, The Ventures
OWNER OF A LONELY HEART, Yes
HOT FOR TEACHER, Van Halen
LOVE IN AN ELEVATOR, Aerosmith
GIVE IT AWAY, Red Hot Chili Peppers
CANT GET NEXT TO YOU, Temptations
GIMME SOME LOVIN', The Spencer Davis Group
WHY CANT WE BE FRIENDS, Smashmouth
You Really Got Me, The Kinks
IM A MAN, Chicago
Flight of the Bumblebee
My Humps, Black Eyed Peas
Born to Be Alive, Benny Bennasi remix
Du Hast, Rammstein
Kickstart My Heart, Motley Crue
Stronger, Kanye West
A Good "Dance Mix" CD
Everything's Magic - Angles & Airwaves
Anything Sean Paul
This is a multiple choice poll.

2008-10-28 9:55 PM

User image

Champion
NOVA - Ironic for an Endurance Athlete
Subject: Help me with group training music, please

During the "cold season" (won't call it "off season), some of our training has moved indoors, including spin class and group strength training.  We have some eclectic music tastes, with the ages in Team TPR ranging from my 13 year old daughter to some in their 50's.

I like just about everything, but I need your input to satisfy this motley crew!

I am looking for 1 or 2 songs that you think we'd be crazy not to work out to.  I have started the list with 12 songs that I have on my IPOD that I think are pretty good for spin class.

I will bring the top vote getters to our next spin class.  You have control over the music that our club will listen to at our next workout.

Before you add an option, make sure that your song choice isn't already up there, ok?

2008-10-29 8:38 AM
in reply to: #1772175

User image

Champion
Subject: RE: Help me with group training music, please
Wow, no votes?  I thought that this would be fun for you all!!!Laughing
2008-11-01 11:33 AM

User image

Veteran
Traverse City, MI
I'll tell you what gets me pumped during my spinning classes is some good trance/techno. Our instructor does a great job a revolving the pedal hits to the beat, and our recoveries to the slower breakdowns. Im sure not everyone likes techno, but when your spinning, it seems universally fit for the environment. Incase your interested some good artists are: Armin Van Buuren and Paul Van Dyk.
2008-11-04 10:54 AM

User image

Master
Woodbridge , Virginia
i tend use an assortment of tunes.. these artist aren't on your list

Silversun Pickups - Lazy-eye and checkered Floor
Fiesta - Chuck Brown
jimi Hendrix - along the watchtower
Linkin Park - What i've done, no more Sorrow, Bleed it out

i use long songs time trials... 7 mins or better
peter frampton - feel like i do
stevie ray vaunghn
and many others
2008-11-04 4:25 PM
in reply to: #1780095

User image

Extreme Veteran
Katy, Texas

Taffle - 2008-11-01 11:33 AM I'll tell you what gets me pumped during my spinning classes is some good trance/techno. Our instructor does a great job a revolving the pedal hits to the beat, and our recoveries to the slower breakdowns. Im sure not everyone likes techno, but when your spinning, it seems universally fit for the environment. Incase your interested some good artists are: Armin Van Buuren and Paul Van Dyk.

i also get into this type of music. Podrunner.com make great mixes on a weekly basis and they are a free download. check them out.

2009-02-23 6:09 PM

User image

Champion

I need some fresh songs...

During the "cold season" (won't call it "off season), some of our training has moved indoors, including spin class and group strength training.  We have some eclectic music tastes, with the ages in Team TPR ranging from my 13 year old daughter to some in their 50's.

I like just about everything, but I need your input to satisfy this motley crew!

I am looking for 1 or 2 songs that you think we'd be crazy not to work out to.  I have started the list with 12 songs that I have on my IPOD that I think are pretty good for spin class.

I will bring the top vote getters to our next spin class.  You have control over the music that our club will listen to at our next workout.

Before you add an option, make sure that your song choice isn't already up there, ok?

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Help me with group training music, please Rss Feed