Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Weather feeds for unlisted cities. Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-03-01 12:41 PM

User image

Champion
Gold member
Subject: Weather feeds for unlisted cities.

The basic package i purchased only offered 100 international cities...it quicky adds up to add additional cities when you ask and is cost prohibitive if i dont purchase a std pre-setup feed.

SO for now, we will evaluate if the weather feed is even worth it once the issues of it get hammered out.  THEN, near the end of the year i'm sure i will take a poll or survey of international users to see if it would be worth it to bump up the weather package to the next level = 500 international cities instead of 100. 

The weather feed is totally dependant on # of performance memberships as its the most costliest monthly bill to date...it far exceeds the server bill but i thought it would be an extremely cool thing to have.

SO lets see if the memberships levels rise so we can pay for 5x more cities.

2005-03-01 2:33 PM
in reply to: #123972

User image

Veteran
Belize
Subject: RE: Weather feeds for unlisted cities.
Yes Ron, the weather feature is a cool thing to have. I was thinking about moving to Guatemala City just so I would have the benefit of using it... no, I'm kidding. I can live without it. I appreciate the effort though. I'm sure I make up only a small minority of users who don't have their cities listed.

Ron - 2005-03-02 10:41 AM
SO lets see if the memberships levels rise so we can pay for 5x more cities.

Perhaps this idea has been suggested before: Would it be too much to implement some sort of points system as an incentive for members who recruit new members? For example, you get 2 points for every new member you refer and an additional 5 points if one of your recruits upgrades to bronze membership, 10 points for silver membership, 20 for gold. I've seen something like this on another site. Maybe it's too complicated for all it's worth but I just thought I'd mention it.
2005-03-03 12:12 PM
in reply to: #123972

User image

Edinburgh
Subject: RE: Weather feeds for unlisted cities.
I was one of those who asked but I appreciate the problem - I guess I'll have to put up with knowing what the weather is like for my in-laws who live in Glasgow for now, great if were planning to stay with them over a weekend I guess- Thanks anyway...

Edited by mattm 2005-03-03 12:13 PM
New Thread
Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Weather feeds for unlisted cities. Rss Feed