General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Flying Deer don't always mean X-mas! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-11-10 11:50 AM

User image

Regular
Southern Rhode Island
Subject: Flying Deer don't always mean X-mas!

here's one for you

Went for a bike ride yesterday on a bike path and we got off the path and went towards Narragansett pier in RI. A beautiful sunny day for a ride. As we were passing Narragansett high school on South Pier Rd in the center of town a jeep CJ drove by, he was nice enough to move over and ride the yellow line to give us room. Another car was coming at us and All of a sudden about 10' in front of me BLAMMMMMM!!! I thought the two cars sideswiped each other, car parts flying everywhere, stuff flying off the side of the road and snapping mail boxes. I am doing the duck and cover trying  to stop and not hit debris.  I looked back and the car driving at us kept going and it didn't have a scratch on it. I looked back at the jeep and then saw off the side of the road he had just hit a deer!  11:30 in the morning in the center of town.
     If the jeep had not been there it would have been me hitting the deer on my bike! Some crazy stuff happens when your out there. So be careful and watch out for those flying deer.

Mark

2008-11-10 12:02 PM
in reply to: #1799670

Expert
Southeast
Subject: RE: Flying Deer don't always mean X-mas!
Glad everyone was OK (well, except the deer of course).  I hope the jeep driver shared some with you...
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Flying Deer don't always mean X-mas! Rss Feed