Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Thank You Everyone. Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2004-03-05 3:26 PM

User image

Expert
New Port Richey
Subject: Thank You Everyone.
I would just like to take a minute and say THANK YOU to everyone in our great community here. All of your encouragement and well wishes have helped keep me motivated. If I did not find this online community I do not know if I still would be progressing as well as I have. When I joined this site my goal was just to complete a sprint distance race and lose weight but have changed my goals to being a mid packer in an 0lympic event in September along with other races before hand. This site and it's members have become as part of my tri life as much as the actual training has. I will be first in line to buy a begginer tri shirt when they come out and where it with pride. Good to Everyone on their training and lets keep making this the site to be for all multisport atheletes.

2004-03-05 4:32 PM
in reply to: #10753

User image

Resident Matriarch
N 43° 32.927 W 071° 24.431
Subject: RE: Thank You Everyone.

I am so excited about the prospect of T-shirts!  Of course there's been no 'official' word yet.....    Kevin, I am in complete agreement with you.  I had resigned myself to life as a couch potato when I found this site and now I am signed up for 5 races this season.  Now how cool is that!?!  I am sooooo grateful that I found you guys, this site, and the desire to race and train again, there just are no adequate words.   My TI book has been dusted off, running shoes dug out of the closet, and my bike is at the shop for a tune-up.

Honestly, you guys have rejuvenated me and probably saved me from myself and a life of couch-potatoism.  I thank you!

2004-03-06 4:29 PM

Count me in with this group. I know my motivation would not be as high without you all. And I appreciate when any one checks my training log and "inspires" me to keep at it. You ALL just plain ROCK!!!!!!

Nancy

2004-03-06 6:22 PM

User image

Master
Chicago

Diddo all of it! T-shirts!!!!! Yeah!!!!

As an extrovert it is imperative that I have people to talk to about everything! But my friends who aren't into working out just don't understand why I get up every morning at 4:30 a.m., drag my butt to the gym, run, bike, swim and then do it all over again just for the quiet happiness of saying I did it. They don't get it. It's just wonderful to have a group of people, even though I've never met you, that does get it.

I don't think I would have made it to signing up for a triathlon let alone doing one without this site and the people who log in daily. My triumphs aren't as sweet as they are when you guys are there. Your triumphs aren't solo either because I share them along with you. It's so wonderful to see people progressing, evolving, challenging themselves to be better everyday. It's awe inspiring the things you guys do. I feel so priviledged to be able to commune with you.

Thank you all for all your support you guys just plain Rock. In the winter we should all meet in Cali, or Florida or somewhere and have a big ole' Bar-b-que! We can show off tri photos and our families. It would be great.

Have a wonderful day and as always - Great training days and happy races.

Ovetta

2004-03-06 6:40 PM

I had that thought a while back Ovetta -- somehow getting all 1600+ of us to meet and have a party together -- and now that there could be a t-shirt involved --- well it might just could happen!
2004-03-06 8:32 PM
in reply to: #10897

User image

Resident Matriarch
N 43° 32.927 W 071° 24.431
I love the idea of a big get together.....just wait 'til I have a job so I can afford to go!  LOL

2004-03-07 9:52 AM

It could be the BT Mock Tri!! Whatever that long name is that TripleThreat came up with. Hey -- it all starts with a dream!!!!
2004-03-07 9:16 PM

User image

Central Louisiana
Patience Grasshoppers!
2004-03-08 11:35 AM

User image

NJ
HEY!, I'll buy a t-shirt, I always flounder on the decision on what to wear to a race. This could help solve the problem.
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Thank You Everyone. Rss Feed