General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Juice Plus + Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-11-21 5:12 PM

Pro
yep,
Subject: Juice Plus +

Curious as if anyone has taken these or heard anything good or bad about them.

https://www.juiceplus.com/nsa/pages/Welcome.soa

Thanks

2008-11-21 5:39 PM
in reply to: #1820639

User image

Queen BTich
Subject: RE: Juice Plus +

TexasMPGal can give you all the info you need. Shoot her a PM. Heh...get the joke?

2008-11-21 6:47 PM

User image

Elite
Fishers, Indiana
Yep yep, I can get you the info you need. I love this stuff...no post HIM/marathon sniffles for me. I'll send you a PM.
2008-11-21 9:24 PM

Pro
yep,
Thanks for all the info.
2008-11-21 10:07 PM

User image

Master
Lake Norman, NC

Myself and my entire family are loyal users.  The kids take the gummis, two fruits in the morning, two veggies in the evening and my wife and I take the capsuls.

It's just fruits and veggies.  If you don't get enough in your diet, this stuff can really bridge the gap.  I would say the only noticable difference is that we don't get sick much at all.  Especially the kids.  Basically no ear infections their entire lives and barely any sniffles and colds.

The stuff takes a good amount of water to metabolize and you'll find yourself craving some water.  Not just liquids, but water.  And the veggie pills may make you "toot" a bit.  It's all pretty much basic health and nutrition stuff.  No "supplements" or "vitamins" about it.  I wouldn't say it enhances my training or performance, but then I've never not trained without it so I don't know if it would suffer.

Just ask yourself if you think you're consuming the PROPER amount of fruits and veggies every day as you should.  Most people aren't.  If the answer is no, you may want to consider this.

2008-11-22 12:39 PM

Regular

I personally took for 5 months consistently and quit taking about 5 weeks before my HIM and noticed no difference.  My diet is already very good so this could be why. 

I quit because it was a bit expensive and just didnt seem worth it to stay on it at $43 per month.  Nothing against the product, just didnt notice any advantages to be on it.

2008-11-22 2:24 PM

Amway, schaklee, pampered chef, pink-cadillacs, noni juice, juice plus...it's all multilevel marketing. Something soon will take it's place. It seems like every other week, someone is trying to "earn an extra $1000-$2000 part time."  Suddenly, my neighbor is a nutritional expert.

If it helps you great, but realize that you are someone's "down-line."

2008-11-22 2:35 PM

User image

Coach
Boston, MA
Per their website - Juicy Plus: "The next best thing to fruits and vegetables". I think I'll stick with the best thing: eating actual fruits and vegetables
2008-11-22 3:08 PM
in reply to: #1821264

User image

Elite
Fishers, Indiana

JorgeM - 2008-11-22 2:35 PM Per their website - Juicy Plus: "The next best thing to fruits and vegetables". I think I'll stick with the best thing: eating actual fruits and vegetables

Haha, Juice Plus promoters would tell you that eating whole foods is the best thing you can do and to KEEP doing it!  Most people don't eat nearly enough of them though...so if you can't get your 9 servings a day, then this complements your diet.  It is literally fruits and veggies without water/suger, dehydrated in powder form.  It is not over-concentrated straight vitamins....poison control lists it as a food--in that you can't really overdose on it and have any results different than say eatting too many fruits and veggies.  I was a huge skeptic till I talked to some Docs who recommend it (MD Anderson Cancer Unit in Houston is a big proponent) but don't profit from it, and then took it myself.  I don't get some huge "oh wow, I feel great feeling" but my immune system and several other noticeable personal health things have benefited.  Lots of the health fairs or presentations that Juice Plus will do don't even talk about Juice Plus till the end...they talk about the benefits of whole foods, of healthy lifestyles, etc.  Then they offer Juice Plus as a complement to nutrition..but not the "cure all" to life or miracle drug (cause it's not a drug).  I think it's fairly honest in the approach.  Some decent medical journal info on it too.

Just my thoughts and experience though.

2008-11-22 3:25 PM
in reply to: #1821280

User image

Coach
Boston, MA
TexasMPGal - 2008-11-22 3:08 PM

JorgeM - 2008-11-22 2:35 PM Per their website - Juicy Plus: "The next best thing to fruits and vegetables". I think I'll stick with the best thing: eating actual fruits and vegetables

Haha, Juice Plus promoters would tell you that eating whole foods is the best thing you can do and to KEEP doing it!  Most people don't eat nearly enough of them though...so if you can't get your 9 servings a day, then this complements your diet.  It is literally fruits and veggies without water/suger, dehydrated in powder form.  It is not over-concentrated straight vitamins....poison control lists it as a food--in that you can't really overdose on it and have any results different than say eatting too many fruits and veggies.  I was a huge skeptic till I talked to some Docs who recommend it (MD Anderson Cancer Unit in Houston is a big proponent) but don't profit from it, and then took it myself.  I don't get some huge "oh wow, I feel great feeling" but my immune system and several other noticeable personal health things have benefited.  Lots of the health fairs or presentations that Juice Plus will do don't even talk about Juice Plus till the end...they talk about the benefits of whole foods, of healthy lifestyles, etc.  Then they offer Juice Plus as a complement to nutrition..but not the "cure all" to life or miracle drug (cause it's not a drug).  I think it's fairly honest in the approach.  Some decent medical journal info on it too.

don't know what your post has to do with anything, maybe you are a super fan or you sell this product or something. Anyway, if you re-read my post you can see it reads: I think I'll stick with the best thing: eating actual fruits and vegetables. is that better?
2008-11-22 3:32 PM
in reply to: #1821294

User image

Elite
Fishers, Indiana
JorgeM - 2008-11-22 3:25 PM
TexasMPGal - 2008-11-22 3:08 PM

don't know what your post has to do with anything, maybe you are a super fan or you sell this product or something. Anyway, if you re-read my post you can see it reads: I think I'll stick with the best thing: eating actual fruits and vegetables. is that better?

I am a superfan, but am not bashing what you said, more explaining their "quote" about the next best thing and saying, you're doing the right thing with what you're doing. I have no qualms with what you said at all! I applaud it!

2008-11-22 5:00 PM

User image

Expert
Alpharetta (until we find a home)

Not a believer. I have a pharmacy degree and have done research on "nutriceuticals" like this. My first issue is that when I called to stop our subscription I was still charged on my credit card the next three months. The second issue that the powdered product can not provide the same benefit as a fruit or vegetable. The vehicle of delivery (the gummy product) vastly outweighs the powdered product. They also come in a powder filled capsule. As yourself the question, "Does chewing 4 gummy bears that have some vegetable powder/fruit powder provide more of the nebulous benefit that I am looking for than eating an apple or carrot?" The antioxidants and many vitamins are destroyed by the powdering process. Just look at the nutritional information on the container. My kids liked them because they are like candy. Wont hurt you but they really stretch the medical claims and the cost  (20-40) a month. Spend 20$ on some extra fruit/vegetables and take a swim lesson or buy new shoes with the cash you would have spent. You would probably see a better result.

2008-11-22 5:35 PM

User image

Pro
Parker, CO
my wife has been using Juice + Complete for at least 10-years.  She has always been healthy and eats pretty well but has always had digestive problems.  The complete seems to have helped with that.  She also appears to get fewer colds...but who knows?  We had the kids taking the gummies for a few years but they are now off of them.  we are really working at getting them to eat more fruits and vegetables. If you are not getting enough fruits and veggies I think Juice Plus would be a good thing to add to your diet.
2008-11-22 5:52 PM

User image

Giver

A couple of years after I got out of college and was working as a chemist at a pharmaceutical company, I answered a job ad for a pharma job, with interviews at an Atlanta hotel. I showed up in a suit, only to find it was a pitch for selling Juice+. The climactic conclusion for the presentation was the introduction of their new spokesperson.

It was OJ Simpson.

2008-11-23 4:07 PM
in reply to: #1821410

User image

Veteran
Lincoln, Nebraska
run4yrlif - 2008-11-22 5:52 PM

A couple of years after I got out of college and was working as a chemist at a pharmaceutical company, I answered a job ad for a pharma job, with interviews at an Atlanta hotel. I showed up in a suit, only to find it was a pitch for selling Juice+. The climactic conclusion for the presentation was the introduction of their new spokesperson.

It was OJ Simpson.

The JUICE is LOOSE!!!! LOL!
2008-11-23 8:29 PM
in reply to: #1821264

User image

Master
Lake Norman, NC

JorgeM - 2008-11-22 3:35 PM Per their website - Juicy Plus: "The next best thing to fruits and vegetables". I think I'll stick with the best thing: eating actual fruits and vegetables

We, our "upline" and the company have always said the same thing, "This is not a substitute for eating the real thing nor is it a supplement to eating the real thing.  If you get enough fruits and vegetables in your diet, than you don't need this product."  The market for JuicePlus+ is people who don't eat any or enough fresh fruits and veggies - of which there are millions.

For those such as yourself who maintain a healthy diet - you're good to go as is.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Juice Plus + Rss Feed