General Discussion Race Reports! » Kaiser Coastal Half Marathon and 5K Run Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Kaiser Coastal Half Marathon and 5K Run - RunHalf Marathon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Orange Beach, Alabama
United States
Alabama Gulf Coast Sports Commission & Team Magic
Total Time = 2h 06m 43s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Not much of one... Wake up(sort of)at 5, eat a hammer bar (cashew coconut, my fav) about 3 hrs before race start time... shower, out the door dropping things all the way to the truck...
Event warmup:

Still waking up come race start. Nike plus sensor battery had died, and forgot the new one at the house (an hour away). Did the "I can't get my sensor to pick up on the iPod" dance for about 30 minutes in the parking lot, (no, my foot wasn't asleep). Poo... So I found the stopwatch mode on the nano about 5 minutes before we took off. And did a couple lame-o stretches to give the illusion of being warmed up, which I was not.
Run
  • 2h 06m 43s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 09m 40s  min/mile
Comments:

The first couple miles felt slower than they showed on the stopwatch, (8:30, 8:00) approx, but then the next 4 were snails pace!! Like 12 minutes maybe!! I didn't take splits, but when I reached miles 5 and 6 my overall time was just at a 10:00 pace??? So I kicked it up, I thought quite a bit, but overall finished just under 10:00 pace. Felt like I was cruising the last 6, sprinting the last 3, but the clock doesn't lie.
What would you do differently?:

Stretch better, warmup, check equipment the night before!!!
Post race
What limited your ability to perform faster:

My procrastination, and disorganization. And, maybe, lack of warmup.

Event comments:

Team magic always does a great job putting these things on. Also, kudos to Orange Beach Chamber. Would highly recommend as a turkey day weekend tradition...

Last updated: 2008-12-01 12:00 AM
Running
02:06:43 | 13.1 miles | 09m 40s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: Beautiful course. I grew up down there, so I'm partial, but I loved running the trail, smelling the beach air, the view of the gulf from the beach road... home sweet home...
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2008-12-01 2:07 PM

User image

LA
Subject: Kaiser Coastal Half Marathon and 5K Run
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Kaiser Coastal Half Marathon and 5K Run Rss Feed