General Discussion Triathlon Talk » What defines the Official start of Tri season Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-03-07 4:57 PM

Atlanta
Subject: What defines the Official start of Tri season
I know pro baseball starts April 1 give a day or two, but what is the beginning of a Tri season and is Kona the end of the season?

I will do my first sprint at the end of April. Around Christmas someone mentioned doing one and now I am two months out, but I was a couch potato prior to my revelation. I plan on doing Sprints this year and aim for 1/2 IMs next year. Now, provided I do strength training in the offseason and start back up next year with aerobic base building. Is it just about working backwards with a training program from a race date in April or June.

Thanks I have read a good deal since taking to this sport, but a tad fuzzy on the 'season'.

Jeff

2005-03-07 5:13 PM
in reply to: #126523

User image

Elite
Subject: RE: What defines the Official start of Tri season
I don't know the dates for an official season, but IM HI is a good representation of the end of the season since it is in fact the championship. In general, winter is the offseason and how long your offseason lasts depends on how far North you live. In FL my last race is in November, and we start back up again in Feb. We also have a mini-offseason in July where there aren't too many races because it is just too bloody hot. Your offseason will be the day after your last race of the year until you whenever you schedule the first one of the next.

bts
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » What defines the Official start of Tri season Rss Feed