General Discussion Triathlon Talk » xxxxxxx Diet Plan? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-12-06 9:37 AM

Subject: xxxxxxx Diet Plan?

Does anyone have any experience with the xxxxxxx diet plan? A friend of mine lost 20 lbs over 2 months, but he was exclusively focused on weight loss and not training.

So I guess questions are....

1. Did you lose weight on it? (how much over what period of time)

2. How did it impact your training?

3. It says it's nutritionally balanced, but I'm new to healthy eating so I don't really know.

4. Any other experience or insight?

Thanks!

2008-12-06 11:36 PM
in reply to: #1841700

User image

Veteran
Dayton, OH
Subject: RE: xxxxxxx Diet Plan?
I've never heard of it, but I guess most diets work on the principle of cutting as much fat as possible (or at least the ideal would be...) and increasing protein, while maintaining some form of balance for nutritional value. i.e. 50-30-20 (protein, carbs, fat--> respectively). But everybody is different and so too will different diets and their success rates be for individuals.

Do you know who created it? How long its' been around? And overall success rate in the field? Those would be some major questions I'd ask... And then, is it something that I could give an honest shot and do well at??? Don't forget to include training to supplement any diet too. Not only will you most likely be cutting cal. or increasing them (multiple meals a day '4-6'), but what are you going to burn during the day because of activity level, and normal training based on what you do at the moment. All of these things weigh in when considering validity of a dietary program, plus unforseen issues I may not have addressed. Hope this helps!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » xxxxxxx Diet Plan? Rss Feed