General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ironman Western Australia Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-12-09 1:45 AM

New user

Subject: Ironman Western Australia
Ok, who out there did this race?

This was my first ironman and I thought it was great. A little hot in the afternoon and windy on portions of the bike but otherwise a really nice day.

I will try and post a race report soon. Spending time in Queenstown, New Zealand before heading back to the real world in the USA.

Everyone take care.

2008-12-14 6:53 PM
in reply to: #1845075

User image

Veteran
Perth, Oz
Subject: RE: Ironman Western Australia

Hey there,

I did IM Busso too!  awesome day out.  had a tough time out on the run with injuries and nutrition.  and oyu are so right it was windy come the last lap of the bike and then just plain hot on the run.

Awesome race my second time! and so close to where I live I'm jsut going to have to do it again without injuries (oh damn did just say I'd have to do it again)

speaking of NZ think that might have to be my next IM though!

2008-12-15 6:03 PM
in reply to: #1853549

New user

Subject: RE: Ironman Western Australia
You are a fortunate person to live in that area. I loved Busselton and the entire IMWA scene. It was windy for a few days before the actual race and that made the water a bit choppy. Luckily, the water became much more calm before race day. I thought the swim was just great.

I was hoping to just kill the bike but ended up having quite a bit of bike problems. Two flat tires. The first one I had help from bike support. With the second flat, I realized the bike support guy had accidentally taken my tire lever so I could not remove my tire. Some people can change a tire without a tire lever but I sure cannot. An Aussie guy actually stopped to help me but a race official pulled up and told him he could not help me or a disqualification would result. Very, very nice of him to stop for me. That was pretty much my impression of everyone I met in the area. Really nice. After the nice guy left, the race official told me they would call a bike support guy to come help me. 40 minutes later they arrived. I did not care about how long it took.....I needed them and was very grateful.

As far as the run is concerned, that was hard. In my opinion, it really warmed up later in the day.

I'm glad to hear you finished the IM despite injuries and nutrition issues. Tough day but you got to be a tough person to do this and finish.

I hope to come back in the future but it will probably be several years.

I just signed up for IMNZ in March 2009. The IM bug bit me and now I want more.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ironman Western Australia Rss Feed