Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Confused creating a race listing Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-12-10 10:12 AM

User image

Lethbridge, Alberta
Bronze member
Subject: Confused creating a race listing
I went looking for a 2009 listing for a race I did this past year, The Great White North Triathlon. It's a 1/2 IM distance race held in Stony Plain, Alberta, Canada, near Edmonton, Alberta. The race date for 2009 is July 5th.

I couldn't find the race listed for 2009 so I tried to create a listing. The process found this years race but if I choose that one it only shows up with this year's date, July 6th 2008. So I tried to create a new listing with this coming year's date but it hasn't yet been cleared from the holding tank. If I now go looking for matching races with the race creation process, it shows both races but where we choose one they look the same; there is no date information in the listing.

Was I supposed to modify this year's listing somehow to change the date for next year? If so then you will probably want to delete the extra listing I've created. This race is always held on the first Sunday in July, so the actual calendar date changes each year as it does for many races. I guess I'm confused about how to create and identify next year's race listing, or did I do it correctly?

2008-12-10 4:39 PM
in reply to: #1847317

User image

Champion
Gold member
Subject: RE: Confused creating a race listing

Fixed.  I updated the older listing and deleted the new one.

How it works is that when you search, choose it if it's there even if it's the old date - you can change it in your race log when you save it.  Then it is tagged and gets to the top of the list for us to 'verify and update the listing'.

New Thread
Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Confused creating a race listing Rss Feed