General Discussion Triathlon Talk » First Olympic followed by full Xterra? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-12-17 7:33 AM

User image

Expert
Greer, SC
Subject: First Olympic followed by full Xterra?
I'm doing my first Oly at the end of April and am trying to decide whether I should do an Xterra event a week later.  I did the Xterra last year and had a blast.  It was my first tri ever.  Would throwing in my first Oly the week before be too much given my limited background?  - Or should I just lower my expectations for the Xterra?  I guess another option would be to do the sprint Xterra instead of the full.

2008-12-17 12:12 PM
in reply to: #1858190

User image

Elite
Tucson, AZ
Subject: RE: First Olympic followed by full Xterra?

I'd go for it! You've got a week in between. You've done the XTERRA before, so you pretty much know what to expect. And you had fun last time so chances are, you'll have fun again.

I've got back-to-back XTERRA race weekends coming up in '09, but they are so fun I don't care. One of the races, Deuces Wild, has a HIM and an Oly on Saturday, followed by the XTERRA on Sunday. Some crazy people do both, and they have a special award for the best combined times between the 2 races. I'm not that crazy (yet!) .

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » First Olympic followed by full Xterra? Rss Feed