General Discussion Triathlon Talk » BT Training Plans -- Help Needed! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-01-09 10:55 AM

Subject: BT Training Plans -- Help Needed!

I like the training plans here on BT that you get for free but I'd like to get a little more detail.  The free plans tell you how long to spend in each discipline but don't tell you what you should be doing in that time.  I've read the Training Bible and would like to take the time to map out my specific workouts like it advocates but I just don't have the time to dedicate to that endeavor. 

Question -- if I upgrade to Bronze, Silver, or Gold membership here on BT are the plans detailed to the point where I get specific workouts I should be doing?

I'm doing my first half in September and don't want to go in unprepared.

Thanks for the replies!

2009-01-09 11:08 AM
in reply to: #1897470

User image

Sensei
Sin City
Subject: RE: BT Training Plans -- Help Needed!
DRP - 2009-01-09 8:55 AM

I like the training plans here on BT that you get for free but I'd like to get a little more detail.  The free plans tell you how long to spend in each discipline but don't tell you what you should be doing in that time.  I've read the Training Bible and would like to take the time to map out my specific workouts like it advocates but I just don't have the time to dedicate to that endeavor. 

Question -- if I upgrade to Bronze, Silver, or Gold membership here on BT are the plans detailed to the point where I get specific workouts I should be doing?

I'm doing my first half in September and don't want to go in unprepared.

Thanks for the replies!

Simple answer - YES.

That's why I upgraded.  They give very specific workouts.  If you look at the silver plans, they have a "first two weeks" look at the plans and you can see for yourself the detail of the plans.

OR, take a look at my logs.  Most of the information about the workout is from the plan (except for all the personal notes - I'm sure you can see the difference)

BTW - silver gives you ALL the plans.  Gold provides no additional plans, but DOES give you live support for the plans from a BT coach.

Edited by Aikidoman 2009-01-09 11:10 AM
2009-01-09 11:40 AM
in reply to: #1897470

User image

Master
Canton, Michigan
Subject: RE: BT Training Plans -- Help Needed!

I like the silver membership and used the 20 week HIM program last year for my first half and was real happy with the program and the results of my race and felt totally prepared on race day.  I even needed to take some additional days off due to work issues and still did fine.

It's worth upgrading, especially if your not sure how to set your workouts.  I certainly didn't have a clue.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » BT Training Plans -- Help Needed! Rss Feed