General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Funny BDay Story - Garmin 305 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-01-12 3:18 PM

User image

Expert
FL
Subject: Funny BDay Story - Garmin 305

A little background:  A Garmin 305 & bike sensor was on my Christmas "wish" list but they were just wishes.  There was no expectation by my wife or I that we would spend that much on each other for Christmas this year.   My Bday is Jan 5th.

So I come home to a excited family (5 kids starting at age 8 and down) to my favorite dinner (enchaladas) & desert (pinapple upside down cake) and birthday celebration for daddy (that is me). 

On the table were 2 boxes and some other wrapped items.  After dinner, I opened the items from the kids and they made me some great pictures.  That was lots of fun.

Then I opened the smaller of 2 boxes and it revealed a Garmin Speed & Cadence sensor.  I was very surprised.  I openly stated I was in shock.  There was a perplexed look on my wife's face.  Then I said "I guess I should have opened the other box first".  The look on her face became even more confused. 

As I opened the 2nd box, I started to bust out laughing.  Not in a condencending way but honest laughter of what happened. 

My wife looked at my list and just picked 2 items that fit the budget and did not really follow the part about the sensor being an accessory to the much more expensive 305 computer.

I got a good laugh out of if.  My wife was so embarrased.  I boxed it up last night to send it back.  I would really like the computer but the reality is that it is just a wish and I surely am not going to spend the addtional 150+ to get the computer package right now.  Maybe later this year. 

Oh well.  I love here dearly and forever.  If she did actually get the whole thing, I surely would not have returned it though. 

By the way, the 2nd box contained a truck bike mount I have been wanting for quite some time. 

Edited by trimore 2009-01-12 3:44 PM

2009-01-12 3:31 PM
in reply to: #1902911

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Funny BDay Story - Garmin 305

Tell her not to feel bad. For Christmas, I thought I was being all slick and got my boyfriend a whole rear hydration system for his new (to him) 2008 P2C. Little did I know that the person he bought it from had swapped out the seat post for an older one, and the Hydro Tail ONLY works with a certain Cervelo seat post. Which cannot be found on his bike.

Pretty sure he can swap it out for the Sonic Wing which should work, but I was mad that I didn't even look at the seat post; I just assumed it would work.

Embarassed

2009-01-12 3:34 PM
in reply to: #1902911

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Funny BDay Story - Garmin 305 Rss Feed