General Discussion Triathlon Talk » another newbie....starting second half of long journey! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-01-13 10:02 PM

Subject: another newbie....starting second half of long journey!

Hi all!  I don't know if I should start an entire new thread to just introduce myself but if I don't jump in with both feet now...I'm liable to walk away from the pool! 

Since Jan of 2008 I have lost 145 pounds and have come to the realization that if I don't get seriously active NOW then my goals are gonna be next to impossible to achieve.  My brother has been involved in these tri's for a little while now and hangs out on this site once in a while.  He said you all are very friendly so here I am!  I am joining a gym this week and have 'step' goals in my mind...run 5k's, another 1/2 marathon, triathlon, and ultimately a full marathon!  Big goals for a person that is 6'2" and still 75+ lbs overweight but I know if I put my mind to it then I can do it. 

I look forward to getting to know all of you and being able to encourage each other in our own individual journey's. 

Jerri 

2009-01-14 10:07 AM
in reply to: #1906210

User image

Master
Central, IL
Subject: RE: another newbie....starting second half of long journey!

Wow.  Great story.

Welcome to BT!  I think you'll find tons of support, information and motivation here. 

2009-01-14 3:23 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Albany, NY area

Yeah, awesome accomplishment on your success already!

BT is a great place and you'll learn a lot. Tri's are a great thing and most get hooked after their first one!

Welcome and enjoy!

2009-01-14 9:53 PM

User image

Veteran
Indianapolis, Indiana
Welcome and best of luck - keep posting with questions/comments & lastly, have fun!
2009-01-16 7:20 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Spring TX
Wow, congratulations on the weight loss. Great job! Once you start setting your goals, it will give you something to work towards and really get you motivated.
2009-01-16 10:08 PM

User image

Master
Chicago
Jerri - welcome! I'm on the second half as well having to lose about the same, there are a few of us who are on the home stretch around here.

2009-01-17 12:00 AM
in reply to: #1913443

Thanks for the welcome's!  I'm anxious to get the rest (or at least more) of this weight off and eventually be a 'triathlete'!  How cool would that be.  2 years ago I would have NEVER thought it even remotely possible.  I am trying to find a good way of finding races around my area...I can find lots of 5K's and 4 mile runs but not much else.  I will find them eventually I'm sure.

I have a question...I work better when I'm challenged and so I am wondering how I go about getting involved in some of these weight loss challenges around here.  Do any of them happen just within the 'Athena & clydesdale" forum or do I need to be in a different forum? 

Thanks!    

2009-01-18 2:10 PM
in reply to: #1913516

User image

Extreme Veteran
Spring TX
Jerrih - 2009-01-17 12:00 AM

Thanks for the welcome's!  I'm anxious to get the rest (or at least more) of this weight off and eventually be a 'triathlete'!  How cool would that be.  2 years ago I would have NEVER thought it even remotely possible.  I am trying to find a good way of finding races around my area...I can find lots of 5K's and 4 mile runs but not much else.  I will find them eventually I'm sure.

I have a question...I work better when I'm challenged and so I am wondering how I go about getting involved in some of these weight loss challenges around here.  Do any of them happen just within the 'Athena & clydesdale" forum or do I need to be in a different forum? 

Thanks!    

Jerri, I don't know where you're from but if you haven't checked, look on www.trifind.com for triathlons in your area. If we knew where you were from, there might be some of us that could even guide you toward a friendly first timer race in your area.

2009-01-18 10:41 PM
in reply to: #1915017

sorry...I'm still working on getting things added to my profile.   I am a horrile procrastinator sometimes.  Smile

I am from the Kansas City area.    

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » another newbie....starting second half of long journey! Rss Feed