General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Woman's Heart Rate Monitor Suggestions Please! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-01-19 9:29 PM

User image

New user

Raleigh, NC
Subject: Woman's Heart Rate Monitor Suggestions Please!

I am a smaller woman and would like to get a heart rate monitor to use for running and biking.  I would prefer it does not have GPS as my routes are well mapped out and I don't want to lift weights while running (read: the watches for these are HUGE).

Could the ladies out there give me some suggestions? (I used to have an A3 that worked perfectly fine, but there is so much more out there now it seems!).

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

2009-01-19 10:48 PM
in reply to: #1917364

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2009-01-24 9:50 AM

Subject: RE: Woman's Heart Rate Monitor Suggestions Please!
If your looking for something basic that just does heart rate and timing then the Timex Ironman watch is great. Its the size of a regular sports watch and not complicated to use, another bonus is its only around a hundred bucks to buy.
2009-01-24 10:41 AM

I just got a Polar f6 - basic but gives the information.  Sports Athourity has a coupon floating around for $25 off/100 spent so not to bad on price.
2009-01-24 11:02 AM

Master
Lafayette, IN

I have a Polar RS200SD.  You can check the specs out at the Polar website.  I bought it used from someone and found out that it is a great running HRM, but not what I want for triathlon.

If you are interested, PM me and I will sell it to you for $110.00 shipped.  I believe they are over $200 new.

The watch itself is small and it does come with the speed/distance pod that attaches to your show which you don't have to use, but you could if you ran somewhere that you didn't know the distance.  One feature it does have if  you wear the pod is AutoLap which if you were, say, running a marathon, it would take your splits each mile throughout the race without you having to push any buttons.  At the end of the race, you could upload the run and see each split's time and HR data.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Woman's Heart Rate Monitor Suggestions Please! Rss Feed