Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-01-28 2:17 PM

User image

Expert
Florida
Subject: F.I.S.T. Fitting-A proclamation
(steps onto soapbox...)

Ahem ahem......

GOOOOOO NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was the best money i have ever spent, outside of my wife's engagement ring and my condo(well maybe not the condo so much)
Seriously. This is for everyone who has not been properly fitted and is still reading this thinking its not that big a deal. This new triathlete is telling you, it IS a big deal.

I went into my fitting last night excited but not really exepcting to see a world of difference when i was done.
The owner who was doing the fitting, sat down with me and asked me a bunch of questions about my training, where i ride, what i use the bike for primarily(its a road bike and i told him tri's) etc...etc.. height, weight blah blah

He installed my new aerobars before i arrived and recommened upgrading my stock seat to something that will support my new aero position and also be way more comfortable since i will be training HIM soon. I said go for it. since were doing the fitting lets do the seat.

Then for the next two hours he carefully had me get on the bike-pedal-stop your foot here-measure-pedal again-stop-measure, you get the idea.

I wont say how much was done because frankly im embarassed. He said he has no idea how i did not injure myself witht he bike setup the way it was.

So we get it all done in about 2hours. I hop on my bike and start pedaling. then slowly lower into aero position(my first time in bars) and start stroking the pedals.
I had to stop quiclly because i wanted to make sure they didn't somehow switch my bike out for another one....
IT WAS EFFORTLESS AND AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!
i was pushing pushing pushing and it felt unlike anything i had ever experienced before.
just sooo smooth, so comfortable, like i could do it for 10000 miles.
needless to say i took the long way home and really enjoyed it.

So now im done. If your new to this sport or still on the fence about forking over the money for a proper fitting. stop. now. go. tell your boss your sick and go.

2009-01-28 2:32 PM
in reply to: #1933986

User image

Master
syracuse
Subject: RE: F.I.S.T. Fitting-A proclamation

SAAAAA-WEEEEEET!!!

I'm leaving in 30 minutes to get my fit done.

Cant WAIT!!!!  now I am even more pumped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2009-01-28 6:04 PM

User image

Master
Riverside, IL
Awesome news! I'm sure you mentioned it somewhere, but...can I ask how much the FIST fit cost you? I need to do the same thing...aerobar fit on a road bike. I have a place in mind where I'd like to go for it, but would like to have a cost figure in mind, so that I don't feel like I'm being ripped off. Also...what was the total time the fitter spent with you?

Edited by nscrbug 2009-01-28 6:05 PM
2009-01-28 9:33 PM
in reply to: #1934497

User image

Veteran
Colorado Springs, CO
nscrbug - 2009-01-28 5:04 PM

Awesome news! I'm sure you mentioned it somewhere, but...can I ask how much the FIST fit cost you? I need to do the same thing...aerobar fit on a road bike. I have a place in mind where I'd like to go for it, but would like to have a cost figure in mind, so that I don't feel like I'm being ripped off. Also...what was the total time the fitter spent with you?

I have been pricing them lately and they normally run around $150-$200 and usually take about 2 hours from what the bike shops are telling me. I am saving up for one as we speak.....
2009-01-28 9:43 PM

User image

Expert
Perth, Australia
really nice to know as I'm booked in for one next week.  It's at my physio's and they've booked me in for two hours.  He's an Ironman competitor and says he can sort out positioning for my dodgy disc and correct my cleats to stop me getting a numb foot.  I am now doubly excited after your good experience - thanks so much for posting
2009-01-29 1:10 PM

User image

Expert
Florida
to answer someone's question- it took him two SOLID hours. and it was way more of a workout then i anticipated-all the hopping off the bike and hoping back on anhd pedaling and stopping and pedaling. it cost me 100.00 and i think i just found a shop with a smoking deal on em. Or maybe cause i was getting the bars too they hooked it up. Either way, it was 100 bucks and 2 solid hours.

it really is amazing. He also did the cleats etc... the WHOLE nine. make sure your shop is giving you everything in your fitting. when i was looking around i had one shop tell me it would be 75 for an aerobar fit, and i said "only 75 bucks for a fist fitting?" and they said no we are doing an aero fitting. ummmmmmmmmm ok? no thanks.

Most importantly, from my experience, is to feel like the person fitting you has a genuine interest in making sure your fit is perfect. He said i can bring my bike in right away if im having any pain whatsoever whether it be 100 miles in or 1000. and they will adjust.
My long rides used to feel tedious and i never looked forward to them.
Now-i cannot wait to get on the road and hit it.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » F.I.S.T. Fitting-A proclamation Rss Feed