General Discussion Triathlon Talk » "runner's knee" and trigger-point acupuncture Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-02-11 7:09 PM

User image

Expert
Subject: "runner's knee" and trigger-point acupuncture
so, my right knee has been giving me issues for about a month.  Medial side pain, and I suspected a tight muscle group or worst case, level 1 (lowest level) MCL sprain.  It always got better with exercise, and it was worse when I am inactive, especially sitting in a chair.   A running buddy of mine suggested trigger-point acupunture, and I went today.  I kind of knew what to expect, but OW!!!!!  No, the needles felt fine...it was when she started manipulating the needle in my quad and it contracted (by design).  That lasted about 30 seconds and is top ten for the most amount of pain I've ever voluntarily exposed myself to.  Imagine Arnold Schwarzanegger giving you a deep dissue massage, and you get the idea.  I'm going back next week though, because right now my quad hurts like hell, but my knee feels 90% better!    YAYY!!!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » "runner's knee" and trigger-point acupuncture Rss Feed