General Discussion Triathlon Talk » new bike and run courses for the Galena Tri and Du Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-02-20 4:50 PM

User image

Veteran
Oak Park, IL
Subject: new bike and run courses for the Galena Tri and Du
So as some of you have heard, the course for the Galena Tri is changing for 2009. Here is what I have learned from a reliable source!

Swim -- No change! Still at Nixon Beach.
T1-- Same old T1 with the hill right out of transistion.
Bike- Substantial changes for 2009. Course is now: Apple Canyon to Pea Ridge (north) to Stagecoach (west) (same as previous years) to (this is where the course changes for 2009) Elizabeth Scales Mound (south) ) to Rawlins (west) to Morley (south) to Wacker Dr (west) to the Lodge at Eagle Ridge.

I did a mapmyride of the course--
http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-states/il/apple-river/47813051...

T2- At the eagle ridge lodge
Run-- Course not finalized yet but it will be in the territory!

I will keep you all posted if and when I hear about the run. I also heard that there will likely be a packet pickup for the race in the Chicago area.

If you want to compare, a maymyride of the 2008 bike course is here:
http://www.mapmyride.com/route/us/il/apple%20river/887508409598

2009-02-20 5:17 PM
in reply to: #1973726

User image

Expert
Oak Creek, WI
Subject: RE: new bike and run courses for the Galena Tri and Du

Do you know when the Galena Tri generally fills up??  Thats a nice area...  I spent a weekend golfing there once...  some nice courses...   I just remember driving there thinking "wow... this is a very scenic and hilly area (by wisconsin/illinois standards)"...  not sure i would be thinking it with such enthusiasm if i were on my bike though...

i was looking for something to pencil in for May... this might work perfect... 

2009-02-21 1:33 PM
in reply to: #1973726

User image

over a barrier
Subject: RE: new bike and run courses for the Galena Tri and Du
I think it fills in early April but not positive. I just created the new bike course for the computrainer and will give it a go today.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » new bike and run courses for the Galena Tri and Du Rss Feed