General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Columbus Ohio Race Schedule Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-03-22 8:08 AM

Columbus, Ohio
Subject: Columbus Ohio Race Schedule
I recently read about an upcoming 1/2 IM event at Antrim Lake. Is this correct? I was under the impression that the Antrim race was an Olympic Distance and a new 1/2 IM was being added at Alum Creek Lake just north of Columbus.

Also, has anyone done the Little Smokies 1/2 IM in Southern Ohio?

With the addition of the Race for Recovery 1/2 IM in Toledo this year, I think we Ohioans should have at least 5 1/2 IM distance races to choose from.

Now, all that's left is the prep!

2005-03-22 8:13 AM
in reply to: #132632

User image

Veteran
Cleveland, OH
Subject: RE: Columbus Ohio Race Schedule
I'll take a look at some info I have at home and see what I can find out. Where in Ohio are you?

1/2 IM is too much for me right now. I'm new to this multisport thing, so I'm planning just duathalons this year, and tri's next.

HD
2005-03-22 11:00 AM

User image

Champion
Hmmmm. Check out www.fatrabbitracing.com and hfpracing.com, if you haven't done so already. The one at Alum Creek is the new Fat Rabbit race, maybe on August 6. There is also a new 1/2 east of Cleveland, but I can't remember its name (Greater Cleveland Triathlon, maybe?)
As for Little Smokies, I haven't had the pleasure of suffering it. I believe it is very hilly, though - a real challenge. Yes, you guys in Ohio have a cornucopia of fabulous races within a few hours of driving distance. Lucky buggers!!
2005-03-22 12:49 PM

Columbus, Ohio
Thanks HD and Bigskies. I'll check out both the sites.

As for you HD, good luck on the upcoming duathlons. I started as a duathlete, and in my humble opinion, they are more difficult than tris. Since swimming is mostly form over fitness, the swim becomes almost like a 'warmup' for many athletes. I ended up starting doing tris because I was tired of explaining what a duathlon was! The tough part was that I couldn't swim at all so it took some time before I got up to speed.

Good luck and press on!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Columbus Ohio Race Schedule Rss Feed