General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Newbie Workout Question Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-02-23 8:42 PM

User image

Regular
Providence, R.I.
Subject: Newbie Workout Question

Hello all,

I am currently in the very beginning stages of fitting the Tri workouts into my schedule with the hope of doing some sprints this year, the first being in May.  I have found a really good 12 week program that I would like to do.  The one thing is I will most likely only have pool access on the weekends.  Some of these weeks in the workouts have 2 swim days.  Is it ok to slightly rearrange the week so I can do both swim workouts on Saturday and Sunday or is that going to screw up the whole balance of the program?  I swam competitively all through high school and part of college so I am not too concerned about technique.  Although that was about 15 years ago.  Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

b

2009-02-23 9:16 PM
in reply to: #1978243

User image

Champion
Subject: RE: Newbie Workout Question
well look at it this way, its not ideal, but if thats the way you need to do it, then no it wont hurt too much, it wouold be better than not swimming.
hopfully your swim background will help there a bit more.

good luck and welcome!
2009-02-23 9:29 PM
in reply to: #1978243

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Newbie Workout Question
I trained for IMKY 08 for about 30 weeks and totally re-arranged my scheduled workouts to fit my lifestyle week after week.  While it's nothing to brag about I still finished in just over 13hrs.  So I'd say do what you need to get it in, mileage/yardage is what counts.  Just don't skip the long workouts.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Newbie Workout Question Rss Feed