Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Graphs (filtering) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-03-23 8:50 PM

User image

Regular
King George, VA
Subject: Graphs (filtering)

Ron,
Since there seems to be a slew of "Graphs" threads, I thought I'd add another one...

Would it be easy enough to add a filter option to graphs to say: Triathon events only (no "sports/strength"; Swim only; Bike only; Run only; (and might as well throw in Sports only and Strength only).

Back in January, I took a ski vacation and enter my skiing time, and that really throws off the scale in my Weekly Total Volume graph.

Thanks!

jlk

ps - hmmm... maybe "stength" should be part of the triathlon events...

2005-03-31 11:31 PM
in reply to: #133436

User image

Regular
King George, VA
Subject: RE: Graphs (filtering/value options)
Ron,I don't know if I worded my question clearly or if it's just not a very useful suggestion, but here's another way to present it:

The list of "Values" includes several "Health Data" options. I thought it would cool if there could be several (or at least two) "Total Volume" options as well. For instance:

Total Volume: all (swim, bike, run, strength, sports)
Total Volume: tri (swim, bike, run, strength)

Total Volume: swim, bike, run
Total Volume: swim
Total Volume: bike
Total Volume: run

I could understand that the later 4 wouldn't have a whole lot of value, but the lack of "option 2" is causing me to not log the time spent in the various sports I particpate in.

Thanks again,
jlk

Edited by JeffK 2005-03-31 11:33 PM
2005-04-02 1:54 PM
in reply to: #136510

User image

Champion
Gold member
Subject: RE: Graphs (filtering/value options)

i wasnt igonoring this request...just thinking about it and exactly what u wanted and why.

right now, i get charged by the graph...hence currently i try to lump many similiar items into one graph.

i realize that if you have a disproportionate amount of one activity, it will skew your graphs y-axis. and make everything else look small, and prolly making u feel like you havent done anything.

i will see if and how much it will cost to have a 'more interactive' option for choosing what you want to graph....i prefer that rather than having a huge list of differently graphs...

last few months we have been actually been getting some decent capital for investing in a lot of items - so i dont have to sweat my bills as much anymore AND we can now start to look at programming a lot more of these options to make this a lot more versatile.  if things continue as they are as far as capital coming in, we stand to do a ton of stuff this year.

i will at least get this evaluated and then its just doing what makes sense and when based on a cost vs usability analysis.

we definitely will be doing more on the graphing - its not the end of it.

New Thread
Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Graphs (filtering) Rss Feed