General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » WTB: Rear Training Wheel for Trainer Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED
2009-03-21 10:50 PM

Veteran
Canton, GA
Subject: WTB: Rear Training Wheel for Trainer

Hello all.  I am looking to buy a rear wheel to swap out on my '09 Orbea Onix for riding on the trainer.  I bought new tires today for the bike because the rear tire is now square!  I'm looking for something with a cassette that's compatible with my 9-speed set-up I have on there now.  I don't really care if it has a tire on it as I'll just put my current tire on it anyway.  If it has a tire, that would be fine too.  Let me know if you have anything, or know of anyone who does. 

Thanks!

Duane

2009-03-23 10:32 AM
in reply to: #2032523

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: WTB: Rear Training Wheel for Trainer
Duane-

I'm not sure how much you're looking to spend, but I was getting ready to post a pair of Shimano WH-550s in the classifieds for $100 + shipping. They have low miles on them (less than 1K) and would be great for training on the trainer, road, commuting, etc. They are quite durable and stay true. I'll bet I have a pair of tires (used) that I could throw in as well. Did a little spring cleaning this weekend then added up my upcoming race fees

Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks,
-j
2009-03-23 2:18 PM

New user

I don't have a wheel for sale,  but in my travels to local bike shops, I was able to pick up a used replacement wheel for $35.  I don't care as much about the quality of bearings/rims, etc, as I do that it fits my bike and will accept the same size cassette.  I ride it only on the trainer with the thickest cheap road tire I could find.  I don't think efficiency is a huge factor in wheel quality on the trainer, and I would think the added resistance (if there really is any noticable resistance) is more of an advantage than a liability when it comes to training.

So shop around.  Your bike shop may have a "canablized" spare floating around to be had for a song.  If that is a vialble option for you. 

2009-03-23 11:18 PM

Veteran
Canton, GA

Thanks for the offer on the Shimano wheel set, but I'm actually looking to pick up something very inexpensive and really, only need the rear wheel.  It will never be ridden on the road and is solely for convienence to swap out to ride on the trainer.  I appreciate the offer, but I will continue to search for someone who has just a junk rear wheel that will fit.

Thanks!

Duane

Sell Gear
CLOSED
General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » WTB: Rear Training Wheel for Trainer Rss Feed