General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Sick Again... Arghhhhh!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-03-25 10:29 AM

User image

Regular
Southern Rhode Island
Subject: Sick Again... Arghhhhh!!!

This year has basically sucked so far with illness. It seems I have a head cold / Sinuses plugged / Sore throat at least every other week. I try to use hand sanitizer and be aware of the germs, I take vitamins, do airbourne when in crowds, Zicam, I eat well and take herbals to boost the immune system but just keep getting sick. This is the fourth time I have had a cold this year. It is starting to really effect my training.

Anyone else having this problem this year?

Any suggestions other than locking myself in a bubble...

2009-03-25 12:29 PM
in reply to: #2039076

User image

Extreme Veteran
Denton
Subject: RE: Sick Again... Arghhhhh!!!
YES!  Haha, I definitely fall into this category.  Thank you North Texas, allergy capitol of the world.  Honestly, I just kept visiting and pestering different doctors until I found one that could give me what I needed - my problem ended up being a chronic sinus infection (talk about complete misery) - and it took 4 doctors and 6 weeks to diagnose it.  I practically had to beg for a CT Scan - and would still have no idea what was wrong if I hadn't!!  Definitely eat healthy, take your supplements, don't drink, get lots of sleep, all that because it's what keeps your immune system strong, but also find a doctor who is going to figure out what is REALLY going on, and help you figure out how to fix it - if they just say "oh, you've got a virus and just have to wait it out" every time, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.  You gotta be your own advocate.  And you never know, some of these "colds" might actually be allergy-related, in which case there are lots of simple, easy solutions.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Sick Again... Arghhhhh!!! Rss Feed