Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Looking for Tri Students @ Waterloo or Laurier Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2009-03-31 4:51 AM

User image

New user

Subject: Looking for Tri Students @ Waterloo or Laurier

Hey everyone. I am new to the Tri community, and have just recently decided that I am going to train to be a sprint tri athlete. I have an athletic background with a history of 10km runs, long cycle tours and some swimming. I feel like it is time to combined them. I also currently spend 6 days a week, an hour a day in the gym doing muscle strength training. I am looking to the training as more of a healthy lifestle approach and then the reward from the cardio burn.

Just wanted to see if there is any students on these forms, or your adults in the KW area interested in training together. I have mailed the Waterloo Tri Club, and am waiting on response. Really looking forward to start this.

Thanks,

Adam

Edited by AdamHammoud 2009-03-31 4:56 AM

2009-04-07 8:13 AM
in reply to: #2050292

User image

Expert
Chatham, Ontario
Subject: RE: Looking for Tri Students @ Waterloo or Laurier
I wish you had asked 20 years ago - that is my almamater!
2009-04-13 7:02 AM

New user

Hey Adam,

I go to Waterloo.  I'm  currently working in Kitchener and commuting from Woodstock but I'll be back in school this summer if you wanted to meet up for some bike/swims/runs.  I'm like you just starting into triathlons. 

I'm planning on doing the 5km and 8km enduroraces in Waterloo this weekend and next.  If your interested they are posted on the race listings here. 

A Jay
2009-04-13 8:47 PM

Hi There, I am also in Waterloo, very close to Laurier and am interested in the same things!  I want to start training for a triathlon this summer (just a sprint).
Please contact me and we can arrange times to workout and train together!

Thanks!

New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Looking for Tri Students @ Waterloo or Laurier Rss Feed