General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Sick of watching now its my turn Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-04-06 7:35 AM

New user

Subject: Sick of watching now its my turn

Hey my name is Shawn,

I am new to the whole triathlon gig, but I am ready to give this a full go.  I have never swam a lap or taken a swimming lesson until a couple weeks ago.  I am making good improvement, but I am still very nervous.  I am a very quick learner and very resourcefull, and I am hoping this will help me learn to swim.

I guess I am doing this, because I miss competing and being part of something bigger than me.  I use to train long and hard for other sports, but since college (2 years ago) I have not put forth proper effort.  My goal is to complete my first triathlon and make this a new hobby for a long time. 

Anyway, just another Iowan trying to see how far my mind and body will let me push it.  I guess the best way to describe me right now is humble and eager.  This is really new to me, but I am excited to become a part of this.

2009-04-08 7:08 AM
in reply to: #2064933

User image

Veteran
Elizabethtown, KY
Subject: RE: Sick of watching now its my turn

Shawn - you won't have to work hard to make this your new hobby.  It's been known to be quite addictive.

BT will be a great resource for you.  Make sure to ask plenty of questions as you start out.  And you're smart to get some swim lessons.  Speaking from experience, the swim (for those without the background) can be the most difficult part.

Welcome to the site!

2009-04-08 10:13 PM

User image

Veteran
Raleigh Area, (Clayton) NC
Welcome.

Sounds like you have the most important thing - determination!
Good luck with your goals.
And don't worry, you found a good support group here...
2009-04-08 10:17 PM

User image

Master
White Oak, Texas
Welcome to BT this is a great site and if you stick to your training you will meet your goals.  Do not be shy about asking questions the people here are great and will answer them with a lot of REAL experence we all were/are beginers.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Sick of watching now its my turn Rss Feed