General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Free CrossFit/Triathlon Workouts! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-04-07 10:53 AM

User image

West Simsbury, CT
Subject: Free CrossFit/Triathlon Workouts!

TriMax To Offer Free Triathlon/CrossFit Training Sessions

Beginning Saturday, April 11th, TriMax Fitness will be offering and running free triathlon/CrossFit training sessions from 7AM-8AM at the Simsbury High School located at 34 Farms Village Road, in Simsbury, CT.  These sessions will feature a random sampling of high intensity functional movements done at high intensity.  Sessions include hands on functional movement instruction and feature fitness routines that will not last more than 30 mins in duration.  Learn more at www.gotrimax.com.

These sessions are open to athletes of all ages and abilities and will be scaled appropriately, should the need be.

Come experience some of the same routines performed by TriMax athletes as well as TriMax team clients like the Simsbury High School Varsity Lacrosse and Hockey teams.  If interested, please RSVP to [email protected] to allow for proper planning of attendees.

2009-04-07 12:50 PM
in reply to: #2068111

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ
Subject: RE: Free CrossFit/Triathlon Workouts!
Congrats on the Level 1 and CFE Certs! I've been following the CF/CFE method here in Tucson and successfully ran my first marathon (in a sub 4hr time) and was on track to PR my last sprint Tri (flat tire), even got my pic up on the CFE site (I'm WayneinTucson)! Best of all, I have been able to better balance my desire for endurance racing with my love of family.
2009-04-07 2:05 PM
in reply to: #2068476

User image

West Simsbury, CT
Glad to hear of your experience.  This stuff is truly groundbreaking and will redefine how age groupers (and pros!) train and compete in endurance events.

I think the biggest impact, though, is as you mentioned, quality of life.  Imagine becoming an Ironman, running your first marathon or ultra event while training less than 9 hrs per week!  I wish you continued good luck and all the best in your future races.

Max
2009-04-10 3:46 PM
in reply to: #2068764

User image

New Haven, CT
mwunderle - 2009-04-07 3:05 PM Glad to hear of your experience.  This stuff is truly groundbreaking and will redefine how age groupers (and pros!) train and compete in endurance events.

I think the biggest impact, though, is as you mentioned, quality of life.  Imagine becoming an Ironman, running your first marathon or ultra event while training less than 9 hrs per week!  I wish you continued good luck and all the best in your future races.

Max

Max - I know you are very high on CF/CFE, but 9 hours a week to do an IM (the day would take longer than that for all but pros)?  See my post in the tri forum on this topic. 

In any event, lets get a workout in together sometime so you can convince me that high volume is unnecessary to achieve my performance/fitness goals as my life is quite hectic and if you are right you will be my hero.  I'm in the New Haven area but am happy to pop up to Hartford.

Jeff
2009-04-11 8:50 AM

User image

Master
CT
Good stuff today Max! Thank you!
2009-04-11 10:53 AM
in reply to: #2068764

User image

Elite

mwunderle - 2009-04-07 3:05 PM Glad to hear of your experience.  This stuff is truly groundbreaking and will redefine how age groupers (and pros!) train and compete in endurance events.

Max

Yeah doing and competing/doing well/racing are different. Huge CF/CFE thread going on on ST, not a single person from CF/CFE can give a single example of any pro, in any endurance sport, or any true 'elite' athletes. Mediocre yes, fast no. However if I was not racing triathlon. I would be all over CF.

I like the concept as a great overall way to fitness. 

2009-04-11 11:05 AM

User image

Elite
Let me quantify 'elite' as any pro. Sub 5hr 70.3, sub 10hr 140.6. Or consistently podiuming at sprints/Olympic races. Again, CF is a great supplement to add into overall training. However for most CDers it is the end all be all. If you were closer I would go.
2009-04-11 4:08 PM

User image

West Simsbury, CT
For what its worth, I have/had (unknowingly) been using many aspects of CF and CFE in my own personal training and have gone 4:13 in a 70.3, 9:45 in a full IM and swum over 33 miles in 13 hrs and 28.5 miles in less than 8 hrs.  Do I know anyone who has performed to the specs you mentioned doing solely CF and CFE?  No.  But I assure you that is only a matter of time. 

Again, a survey of one doesn't exactly make a study (nor am I claiming it to be), but I assure you, there is a lot more to CF and CFE that can be applied to more of the populace than not.  I encourage everyone to at least take some time to learn more. 

Max
2009-04-11 8:06 PM

User image

Veteran
Broad Brook
Hey Max, Do you think I could use some of your workouts to fit into my training plan to achieve maximum results for my upcoming IM
Dave C.
2009-04-11 8:10 PM
in reply to: #2078295

User image

Elite

mwunderle - 2009-04-11 5:08 PM For what its worth, I have/had (unknowingly) been using many aspects of CF and CFE in my own personal training and have gone 4:13 in a 70.3, 9:45 in a full IM and swum over 33 miles in 13 hrs and 28.5 miles in less than 8 hrs.  Do I know anyone who has performed to the specs you mentioned doing solely CF and CFE?  No.  But I assure you that is only a matter of time. 

Again, a survey of one doesn't exactly make a study (nor am I claiming it to be), but I assure you, there is a lot more to CF and CFE that can be applied to more of the populace than not.  I encourage everyone to at least take some time to learn more. 

Max

Pretty fast times. Are you now doing CFE solely? If so, then I will follow your progression closely. I do think people should do CF-like workouts instead of traditional strength training given the opportunity. 

2009-07-25 7:27 PM

User image

New user

South Jordan, Utah
I would really like to try this!! Last time I trained for a triathlon my strength dropped a lot which for me is unacceptable as I am a tactical officer/firefighter. I even stopped training for triathlons because of this. I just read how a person successfully trained for a 100 mile race using this method so it works!

2009-08-28 4:32 PM

User image

West Simsbury, CT
Hey everyone.

Here's some more information on one of my athletes going down the CF/CFE route.  One link is an interview with every single workout he has done (and each workout's results).  The second is a link to a forum discussion board giving the latest "play by play" of his recent race results.  Enjoy!

http://www.gotrimax.com/TriMaxEvan.htm

http://www.crossfitendurance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=323&sid=af70b75fb1c32313a81f4ff376776bf0

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Free CrossFit/Triathlon Workouts! Rss Feed