General Discussion Triathlon Talk » NEED A TRAINING PLAN FOR A TRY A TRI Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-04-15 4:48 PM

User image

New user

Subject: NEED A TRAINING PLAN FOR A TRY A TRI
ok- I KNOW that a try a tri is considered by most as a training plan in itself- but I am ahem- heavy- and have 2 bad knees- I walk 1.2 miles on a tread mill at 3mph, can swim about 200M in the pool in 20 min (work time- elapsed time longer as I have to stop to catch my breath) and I can bike on a recumbent bike in the gym for about 30 min or so....

I have just registered for a try a tri- in June (there is one the end of May too) and I am looking for a training plan to get me from 0-Race day for a try a tri (375M swim, 12 K bike, and 2.5K run).

anyone have any ideas?

2009-04-15 7:38 PM
in reply to: #2087213

User image

Expert
Denver Area
Subject: RE: NEED A TRAINING PLAN FOR A TRY A TRI

There are LOTS of training plans on this site.  June is close. I would look for "Couch to Sprint" plans.  I think given your experience thus far, the Try a Tri will be challenging for you. If you're registered already, give it a shot and see how it works out!

I started with a 12 week Couch to Sprint plan and felt great for my first sprint. 

If you're willing, the ability will come with training and patience.

2009-04-16 2:24 PM
in reply to: #2087213

User image

Master
Western MA near the VT & NH border on the CT river
Subject: RE: NEED A TRAINING PLAN FOR A TRY A TRI
It's not a training plan - but an inspiration.  YOU CAN DO IT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU-lzmE_YKA

Follow the basic plans in 'programs' and do as much as you can.  Train using the 'time' and don't worry about how far you go.  That will come the more you train.  For the triathlon, go at your pace and forget the race.  But most importantly - have fun while you're doing it.

Good luck and ask as many questions that you need.  There are a lot of success stories on this site and this A/C thread in particular.  There's a lot of helpful people here and not a lot of the demeaning BS you find on most forums.  We encourage with positive reinforcement, not negative.

Edited by ratherbesnowboarding 2009-04-16 2:25 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » NEED A TRAINING PLAN FOR A TRY A TRI Rss Feed