General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking for training partners Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-04-17 1:34 PM

Subject: Looking for training partners
I am looking for a tri-club or training partners in the Santa Rosa area.
I heard from a member of the only group I have been able to find that they were disbanding this year, so no luck there.

I am new to triathlons, I have a couple sprint triathlons a couple 5k races and a 10k from last year.  This year I want to work on increasing my distances and my endurance.

I hope to get into a 70.3 or longer race next year.  Maybe the Vineman.

Any info about practices tri-clubs or anyone interested in having a training partner, please let me know.

Thanks

Scott

2009-04-17 3:35 PM
in reply to: #2092139

User image

Expert
SF Bay Area
Subject: RE: Looking for training partners
In Santa Rosa, I would stop by Echelon and talk to kevin, he can point you in the right direction. His shop is off of College Ave near 101.

If you interested in working out in Petaluma, I can hook you up with a few of my friends. We do 2 nightly runs per week and some of us meet for ow swims.
2009-04-17 4:47 PM

User image

Pro
NorCal
I'm with Tri Club Marin, not sure if you would be interested in driving south for some group rides on Saturday or not.  I like ot get out of Marin, so I drive up and ride the Silverado Trail and the Vineman course from time-2-time.  If you are interested, let me knwo and I'll PM you the next time I'm in the area.
2009-04-20 8:13 AM

User image

New user
CRUSHER COUNTRY
hey scott..your not alone....i am also training for well an olympic but with a half iron training regime 'swim focused' the olympic program seemed a little to novice as i dont like to wastee precious training time...i recently ran in the carneros 10k and finished in the top 10% 500 participants, considering it was my first event ever....i have to tell you the ladies were kicking my butt! these runners women and men alike were ready to roll on the carnero rolling hills! nonetheless i run almost everyday and can hold up for up to an hour or more if i need to. i also spin on the stationary on multiple days at school...been doing that for almost 2 years so im familiar...and swimming well its not year round but ive been doing it since i was 9, plus to stay in proper form during events i do alot of group exercises taught by the best in the area, truly...plus the pool at the college is sweet and experienced. so im looking at your thred like this: we are going to be traveling to multiple events to multiple cities around the state and with our progress even nationwide depending of course how much you seem interested in the lifestyle of a performance athlete as yourself. i wouldnt mind training as time permits...i actually like to travel. so whenever your around the city of Napa or you have a event you think id be interested in... go ahead and send an email...scott they are not many of us that perform with great aptitude as the performance athlete does we are unique warriors...dude good luck with all your endeavors and remember every athlete runs! your colleague joe flores aka machineCool
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking for training partners Rss Feed