General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Greetings from a newbie in MA Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-04-18 9:07 PM

Veteran
Subject: Greetings from a newbie in MA
Excited about this new sport...former professional athlete (freestyle skiing) that took a turn for the worse 5yrs ago as a passenger in a car accident - split femur, ripped left quad and ham, as rescue crew forgot to support my leg and lower part stayed in the car while they extracted my upper body..ouch!  Anyhow, injury led to a self induced spiral downward and gained an extra 60lbs - down 35 from this since I have been training for the past year and half. 

Had my first child this past year, she is amazing and something clicked...want to inspire her and be a role model, as well as be around for a while I guess.  Been training for most of my life, so not new, just hard work and have some good coaches for weights, bike and pool at SCLA. 

Have 5 sprints lined up for this season with Hopkinton only a few weeks away.  then Cohasset, Nantucket, Marlborough, and Gloucester.

Goals:
Near term - finish top 10 for age group in Cohasset 35-40yrs (under 1:05)
Physical Goal - Below 10% body fat by year end - currently at 17%
Longer term - Compete in first Ironman within 3 yrs
Qualify for Kona within 5yrs

Edited by jdorsh 2009-04-18 9:26 PM

2009-04-20 6:36 AM
in reply to: #2094629

Subject: RE: Greetings from a newbie in MA
Greetings from a former Newburyporter!
2009-04-20 12:05 PM
in reply to: #2094629

User image

Master
Western MA near the VT & NH border on the CT river
Subject: RE: Greetings from a newbie in MA
Welcome to BT and the world of triathlons.  There's a strong MA group here and you'll see a lot of them at the events you have listed.

Good luck and way to be an inspiration for your daughter and yourself
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Greetings from a newbie in MA Rss Feed