General Discussion Triathlon Talk » High energy supplement--EXCELLENT!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-04-07 4:26 PM

Subject: High energy supplement--EXCELLENT!!
I'm not sure if posting a vitamin supp here is the right place, but I don't think it belongs in the food category?

Anyways...I've been using a product called "Body Balance" for a few months now. It's a liquid "phytonutrient" blend that helps promote energy, boosts immune system and so on. However--it's $43 a bottle, and you go through a bottle like every 2 weeks. So, it's pricy, but going to the doc and paying copays is the alternative, I suppose.

Well...my health food store started carrying a new liquid vitamin called "Liquid Basics." It's $30 for 32 oz., and it should last you for 30 days. (You use 30 ml for a daily dosage, not 60ml like BB)

All I can say is...THIS STUFF IS AWESOME! I have more energy, and quite a few people I work with have been sick over the past few weeks, and I didn't catch their bugs. I started feeling fatigued, and then I doubled the dosage one morning, and I was "cured." It's amazing stuff...

The key element to both the Body Balance and this stuff is that is has spirulina, and chorella...two very vital nutrients for our health...I think those are algae components? I could be wrong, but nearly the same ingredients exist in BB, but I think LB is better.

Warning though...the stuff looks like green sludge, but it tastes ok....like orange juice, but it's green. I like it because liquid supps go into your bloodstream quicker, and keep you healthier than your typical OTC pill. (that only has 20-30% absorption)

Just wanted to share this product info with you all!

2005-04-07 5:54 PM
in reply to: #139601

Elite Veteran
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Subject: RE: High energy supplement--EXCELLENT!!
Good post! I have been looking at liquid vitamins recently but have never taken one, and they all say the are the BEST, so how do you know? Good to have a satisfied user to review. I have done some reading on spirulina and chlorella because they turned up in a new juice drink I was trying (Naked Juice Green Machine - also looks like sludge but tastes great) and I wanted to know what they were. They are not considered a 'Super Food' for nothing..it's powerful stuff. I'll hit my health food store and see if they carry the Liquid Basics. If not, they are awesome about ordering you anything you want. Thanks for the review!
2005-04-08 8:34 AM
in reply to: #139601

Subject: RE: High energy supplement--EXCELLENT!!
Hi Tania...Glad I could help.

In reading your post, I laughed reading "Super Food" because there is actually a product out there called "Super Food," and it's made by a Dr Schultz. This stuff is great, too...only $30 a bottle. But...it's in powder form, but has the spirulina, and chorella...The problem with that stuff is that you have to make an entire shake (fruit smoothie type to drown out the horrible flavor) And it still ends up looking like pondscum floating on the top of a lake!!! *ew* Not the most appetizing fruit smoothie I've ever had.

I thought--I need something easy, no prep work required, that tastes decent and will give me the vitamins I'm looking for...so Life's Basics, and Body Balance are really the best out there from what I've seen..

Happy Friday to ya!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » High energy supplement--EXCELLENT!! Rss Feed