General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » I want to race my first IM for my 60th BDay - in one year Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-04-28 4:00 PM

Subject: I want to race my first IM for my 60th BDay - in one year
I just turned 59.  I have had this crazy obsession to finish an IM for my 60th Bday.  I have done many spring tri, marathons, 5K's, 10K's, half marathons, and even one half IM three years ago.  I love tri but still have a fear of open water so if i did an IM i would want a lake swim, a relatively flat bike and pretty flat run.  I was thinking about The Floridian.  If anyone has done an IM just to finish, is getting up in years and has competed in the IM in Fla, I would like tips and encouragement.  I was thinking of doing an Oly in Aug, another half in Nov and the IM Oct 2010 - my 60th year.  Am i crazy?
Mary C

2009-04-28 4:15 PM
in reply to: #2116533

User image

Sneaky Slow
Herndon, VA,
Subject: RE: I want to race my first IM for my 60th BDay - in one year
Pretty cool!!  Hope I'm doing what you are come 60.  With your past experience, am sure you can pull it off.

You also might want to look at Beach2Battleship, in Wilmington, NC, in early November.  The bike is as flat as it gets, the run is flat, and the swim is in a protected waterway with the current and super-fast.

Good luck and welcome to BT!!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » I want to race my first IM for my 60th BDay - in one year Rss Feed