General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Newbie from Kentucky totally loving triathlon! Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-05-04 1:58 PM

Subject: Newbie from Kentucky totally loving triathlon!
Hey everyone and greetings from Kentucky! I recently started my journey to becoming a great triathlete, or so I hope! I have a background as a runner, having run a number of local road races. I love to run, but felt like there was something missing. I discovered triathlons, and now I'm hooked! I just did my second triathlon ever, and despite the conditions, it was amazing! I really want to go pro one day, and I plan to do so.

Any tips for improving the bike/run legs of tri are appreciated!

Thanks and I look forward to living a life full of triathlon!!! Smile

2009-05-04 2:14 PM
in reply to: #2129036

User image

Extreme Veteran
Louisville, KY
Subject: RE: Newbie from Kentucky totally loving triathlon!
Hello from another Kentuckian!! (Louisville).  Just did my first in April.  Any more races planned?

Michelle
2009-05-06 7:23 AM
in reply to: #2129036

User image

Veteran
Elizabethtown, KY
Subject: RE: Newbie from Kentucky totally loving triathlon!

TriGirl518 - 2009-05-04 2:58 PM Hey everyone and greetings from Kentucky! I recently started my journey to becoming a great triathlete, or so I hope! I have a background as a runner, having run a number of local road races. I love to run, but felt like there was something missing. I discovered triathlons, and now I'm hooked! I just did my second triathlon ever, and despite the conditions, it was amazing! I really want to go pro one day, and I plan to do so.

Any tips for improving the bike/run legs of tri are appreciated!

Thanks and I look forward to living a life full of triathlon!!! Smile

Welcome to the site from another Kentuckian!

As for improving the bike/run, the euphemism commonly used around here is T.I.T.S . . . um, that would be Time In The Saddle. 

Ride lots, and then ride some more.  Run lots, and then run some more. 

Also, consider using one of the training plans on this site to help guide you in your training.  Or, if you're truly serious about becoming an elite, consider hiring a coach.

Good luck!!

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Newbie from Kentucky totally loving triathlon! Rss Feed