General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Attn: runners in the north burbs (Broomfield, Louisville, ect) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-05-04 2:14 PM

Elite
Laurium, MI
Subject: Attn: runners in the north burbs (Broomfield, Louisville, ect)
I don't want this to sound like an advertisement, but the running group I'm a member of has just joined up with Solepepper sports in Lousiville and is putting on a summer training series. 

I'm doing the spring series right now, under the old sponsor (Louisville Rec Center), but the format is going to stay the same.  Basically you get a 3 to 4 month semi-custom training plan that is specific to you, plus two coached group workouts a week.  I say semi-custom because the two weekly workouts are the same for everyone...IE, one tuesday might be 2 mile tempos.  Everyone does 2 mi tempos, but the pacing and number will be specific to you.  Erin (the coach) is also really good about adjusting plans and working with you based on your feedback and what she observes at the workouts.  You really get a much higher level of coaching then what you pay for.  If you look in my training logs, you can get a rough idea of what a plan might look like.

The group also has long (free) weekend runs on saturdays, followed by breakfast at a local coffee shop.  We alternate between leaving from Solepepper sports in Louisville and hitting some other routes, like the Bobilink and Teller Farms trails. 
The runs are relaxed, social events, so you don't have to worry about being dropped by the group.  If you want to go faster, there are also faster people and usually someone who is doing tempo work.

Anyway, I just wanted to throw this out there in case someone was looking for a group to run with or looking for more structure in their running but not wanting to hire a private coach.

The website with a full breakdown is: http://www.4allrunners.com/what-we-offer.htm

The Saturday run schedule is: http://www.4allrunners.com/group-runs.htm
This coming weekend will be at Tellar Farms. 

Edited by vortmax 2009-05-04 2:16 PM

2009-05-06 2:37 PM
in reply to: #2129075

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Attn: runners in the north burbs (Broomfield, Louisville, ect)

I'm there!  A group like this is exactly what I need to get my running mojo back.

2009-05-06 2:45 PM

Elite
Laurium, MI
Awesome! You coming this saturday? The weather looks perfect.
2009-05-07 3:12 PM

User image

Expert
Denver Area

that looks like fun, but sat mornings are spoken for...

too bad cause this saturday I have a 2.5 hr whopper that I bet I wish for company.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Attn: runners in the north burbs (Broomfield, Louisville, ect) Rss Feed