General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Places to run in Carlsbad? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-05-10 7:28 PM

New user

Subject: Places to run in Carlsbad?
Hi,
Nice to see some familiar faces at Jay Benson this morning. Conditions were awesome, weren't they?

I'll be in Carlsbad this weekend, and I'm wondering if anyone from down that way can suggest some convenient running routes? Nothing too far out of town or isolated, since I'll need to get an quick early morning run in before a day at the caverns. We'll be staying in Carlsbad at the Holiday Inn Express. Is the shoulder of 285 safe to run on? Any side roads that might be better?

Thanks a bunch,

bec

Edited by nm_runner 2009-05-10 7:32 PM

2009-05-11 11:59 AM
in reply to: #2141996

Subject: RE: Places to run in Carlsbad?
Hi, From my limited experience down there, just get a google map of your hotel, zoom out, and find any non main road.  I have ridden on 285, it would be ok if you are in a pinch. Go really early, it is getting super hot out there.  If I am traveling in a unfamiliar area, I just take the main road out of town a few miles, and start looking for side roads, and pull off and just run.  Be careful regardless and have fun.
2009-05-19 4:18 PM
in reply to: #2141996

New user

Subject: UPDATE - RE: Places to run in Carlsbad?
Hey NM athletes,

Carlsbad was a blast! Lots of caving, hiking and great running. I found the canal path through town. No motor traffic, one side of the canal paved, the other not, whole path has got to be at least 15 miles long, maybe more? Well maintained. REALLY great place to run.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Places to run in Carlsbad? Rss Feed