General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Davis Family YMCA/Steel Valley Triathlon Club Sprint Distance Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-05-11 8:38 AM

User image

Expert
Columbus
Subject: Davis Family YMCA/Steel Valley Triathlon Club Sprint Distance Triathlon : Official Thread

Anyone out there doing this?

I'm going up Saturday night and staying with my sister who lives 10 minutes form the Y.

This is a newer Y with 2 6 lane lap pools.

I did the Tri at the Youngstown Central Y last year and loved the event.   

The way they did the swim was one person per lane, 12 people per wave.  all 12 finish before the next group starts.

2009-05-14 3:57 PM
in reply to: #2142819

User image

Expert
Columbus
Subject: RE: Davis Family YMCA/Steel Valley Triathlon Club Sprint Distance Triathlon : Official Thread
no one?

i am arriving in Y town 6 pm Sat with my kids.  My sister will watch the kids during the race.

I plan to be at check in 5:45/6

I must be tough on the bike .
2009-05-17 2:35 PM

User image

Expert
Columbus
Subject: RE: Davis Family YMCA/Steel Valley Triathlon Club Sprint Distance Triathlon : Official Thread
f f f f freeezing

fun from the time i arrived for check in until 1 minute into the bike.

seems the temp dropped severely overnight and winds were high - and genius boy made no changes in race plan.

my feet eventually got so numb i thought i would get frostbite.  i actually hoped i would flat so i could quit riding.  by the time i got to t2 i couldn't control the bike while running, i had a lot of trouble working the snap on my helmet, it took a minute of trying to get my feet in the running shoes i grabbed them and ran barefoot until i had pain in my toes (feeling glorious feeling)  i sat down and struggled with the shoes but got them on.  
the miami tri was warmer.

after a mile with my feet thawed and comfortable it became fun again.

really great event.  steel valley tri club and youngstown Y's are 2 for 2 with great events (that is assuming they didn't cause the weather)

2009-05-17 6:45 PM

User image

New user

do you know when they are going to post the results? i was the guy who lost his pedal and had to wait ~5 minutes to get it fixed and have a sort of morbid curiosity on my times haha
2009-05-17 8:45 PM
in reply to: #2156445

User image

Expert
Columbus
dude - that sucks. Welcome to the BT forums!

i didn't know about the pedal incident.

i keep checking runhigh.com and youngstowntriathlon.tripod.com but they aren't up yet.

they are pretty good and the race was small so it shouldn't be too long of a wait. 

Edited by bruehoyt 2009-05-17 8:45 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Davis Family YMCA/Steel Valley Triathlon Club Sprint Distance Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed