General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Never done a 5K let a lone a tri, from Utah. Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-05-13 4:57 PM

Subject: Never done a 5K let a lone a tri, from Utah.
Hi
My name is Andrew and I have never done any type of competitive racing, let alone a triathlon.  I started training because I wanted to get in shape and I didn't want to do a marathon.  I just got bored running, but biking and swimming seemed a lot more fun so I figured I could do some running mixed in.  I'm in Utah and I am planning on doing the Jordanelle triathlon sponsored by trisports on August 4th.  Little scared, lots of questions, concerned about equipment.  Any advice is welcome and appreciated.
Andrew

2009-05-13 5:32 PM
in reply to: #2149238

User image

Subject: RE: Never done a 5K let a lone a tri, from Utah.

Welcome and congrats on this new addiction sport.

The best advise I can give is keep it fun. Being nervous and a little apprehensive is a just a sign that this is something you want and want to do well at. No matter what happens in your first race you'll look back on it with satisfaction and knowledge of some things you could have done different.

Enjoy the ride!!

If there is anything you ever have a specific question on don't hesitate to ask me or you can do a search on the forums.

Good luck and enjoy.

2009-05-16 10:12 PM

User image

Regular
West Chicago
Welcome to BT and the wonderful world of triathlon!! If you were looking to get in shape, then you picked the right sport! Last year was my first tri and I loved it...now I'm hooked. Haven't done any competitive sports since high school, and I was a sprinter not a long distance guy. Tri not to think of your tri as a competitive race, but a personal goal.

Most people (except the more elite athletes) aren't doing this for competitive reasons, but for personal bests. Remember, your biggest competition is yourself. Just have fun training and have fun in the race and you'll get hooked too!! If you have questions look in the forums, and don't hesitate to ask them, you will get answers.

Good luck!!
2009-05-16 11:04 PM

User image

Easton
Hey Andrew, I am glad to here that you are preparing for your first triathlon.  Is it a sprint tri?  How long have you been training?  What are your goals?  What is your favorite sport out of the three, and which one do you feel is your weakest?
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Never done a 5K let a lone a tri, from Utah. Rss Feed