General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Help in Mobile Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-05-20 8:33 AM

New user

Subject: Help in Mobile
I am looking for a group or team to help me get started in tri's. If there are any people or teams that are willing to help out I would greatly appreciate it!

Tony

2009-05-20 11:13 AM
in reply to: #2162735

User image

Regular
South AL
Subject: RE: Help in Mobile
Tony,

I have a couple of thoughts. If you are looking to get started and have an interest in the Leukemia Society's Team in Training Program then you are just in time. There is an informational meeting as well as the kick off party for the new season next Thurs May 28 at 6 pm at Serda's downtown Mobile. We have some going to Nations Tri in Washington, DC as well as a group with several newbies training for the Alabama Coastal Tri Sept 19 in Orange Beach. If you are interested in this, let me know and you can come to the meeting or I can get you more info.

Another idea is to contact our local tri club and the website is www.gcatri.org. I will tell you that there are not lots of official group training sessions. Individuals do get together and ride and/or run but not officially as a group.

Hope this helps.

Debbie
2009-05-20 2:33 PM

User image

Master
North Alabama
Check with your local YMCA. It sounds goofy, but lots of folks have teams based out of the Y.

I swim with the Masters group and the Masters Coach is also a coach for a local team. Granted, I could pay more money, join his team, get his training plans, etc., but I'm fine with what I have from BT.

Check with local running shops and bike shops and see when/where they have weekly group runs. The best way to get in with them is to get involved. Give it a shot and see what happens.
2009-05-20 3:55 PM

New user

Thanks fpor the replies. I will follow up with you all and see what happens!

Tony
2009-05-21 8:04 AM

User image

Regular
South AL
Tony,

As far as the local YMCA's go, I am a member and workout every morning at the downtown Y. There are alot of triathletes who work out there, but we don't do any official organized training from there. Several triathletes (IM finishers) are spin instructors downtown.

Also check out www.Cadence120.com which lists all organized bike rides too. There is a ride from Carpe Diem at 5:15 every weekday morning.

Debbie
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Help in Mobile Rss Feed