General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Tri before 40--here I am! Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-05-31 3:12 PM

User image

Regular
Subject: Tri before 40--here I am!
What happens when an already active person decides she wants to see just how far she can really push herself? She registers for a triathlon. That's me. I have done a marathon and a few half marathons--loved them! I ride dressage 3-4x a week. I dance (belly and pole). I run with my dog. I'm generally fit....but apparently I have some sort of masochistic streak that made me want to do a triathlon before I hit 40 (am 38 now). Last week I registered for a local sprint tri at the very end of August. I think I can train in time for that, and I hope to work my way up to a full tri afterward.

I want to join the ranks of the strong, fit, rockin' cool triathletes in the world.

That's my tri story in a nutshell. Glad to be here. And thanks to my friend Tracy for inspiring me, for supporting me big-time, and for pointing me to this website--I have found a TON of useful information on it already!

2009-05-31 3:33 PM
in reply to: #2184494

User image

Champion
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Tri before 40--here I am!

Welcome to BT.  Sounds like you're well on your way with the running and riding. 

2009-05-31 8:34 PM
in reply to: #2184494

User image

Regular
Subject: RE: Tri before 40--here I am!
Thanks for the welcome!

I hope I have a reasonably good base. Riding is a serious workout--but most people don't believe that! They think the horse does all the work...but who is in charge of making sure the 1200-pound horse behaves?

This weekend's pre-training fun runs/rides went really well and I am encouraged. Serious training starts tomorrow! Need to get in some good pool time and hopefully a practice OWS or two, at least.

Edited by GMM 2009-05-31 8:35 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Tri before 40--here I am! Rss Feed