General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New to tri in NYC Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-06-01 11:27 AM

New user
Subject: New to tri in NYC
Hi everyone.  I've posted a couple of times elsewhere (in the wrong forum once - sorry!) but have not yet introduced myself officially.   I'm a 36 year old woman living in NYC and decided, when a friend started training for a tri,  that I wanted to move from extremely active gym rat to triathlete.  I don't do anything halfway, and have thrown myself into training with a vengence. 

Background - I was a competitive swimmer as a child and through high school, have lifted weights for nearly 20 years (competed in power lifting breifly, now just for fitness and looking good,) worked as a personal trainer during college and grad school, do various cardio activities 4-5 days a week, have biked with varying degrees of seriousness since college, practiced several martial arts....familiar story, I'm sure.  I've never been a runner, so that's the most intimidating part for me.

My plan is to do a sprint to try things out in July or August.  If things go well, I am going to join a friend in an Olympic distance event in October.  So far, training feels great.  I have to discipline myself not to train harder than the plan tells me to when I feel good.  I've already found these forums extremely helpful and look forward to learning even more as I progress.

Thanks!
Sarah

2009-06-01 7:18 PM
in reply to: #2186567

User image

Master
PA
Subject: RE: New to tri in NYC
Hey Sarah!  Welcome to BT.  There are a few people from NYC on BT.

jenn 
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New to tri in NYC Rss Feed